Agnostic.com

7 1

LINK 15 Questions Robert Mueller Must Answer | The American Conservative

I think this really brings up some good points. Maybe others can weigh in on individual ones as I feel some are more compelling than others.

WilliamCharles 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This may never happen. Trump has now invoked executive privilege over the Mueller Report because he wants to keep it all secret as he crows about being vindicated at the same time. He thinks this report should just be filed away and it is all over now. His supporters seem perfectly happy with this as Donald Trump remains our biggest national emergency!

At least one of the biggest national emergencies. I am especially concerned about our warmongering, particularly when it involves bipartisanship.

@WilliamCharles The fact that Trump has ships in the region now to "deal with Iran" if they do anything is scary as hell! Leave Iran alone dammit!

As for the Mueller report, I got a copy in epub just last night on the Internet. Some Patriot let it leak because it is believed that we all should read it. You have to search for it, then need an epub reader to read it.

All reasonable questions that deserve answers.
However, at the rate things are going, Mueller may not be testifying
anytime soon.
He is still an employee of the Department of Justice.
Attorney General Barr can tell him not to appear before Congress.
Now that Barr is acting as 45's personal attorney, and not as the AG of
the United States, all bets are off.

What is happening now has never happened before in this nation's history.
Not even under Nixon during Watergate, or the Pentagon Papers.

45 is clearly obstructing justice. He is being aided and abetted by the very
agencies that should be cooperating to get to the truth, not protect him from
legal liability.
He is using the Executive Branch of government to protect his criminal behavior.
We are most definitely dealing with someone who is HIDING pertinent information
from the American People.

The answer to several of those questions is, a president can't be charged with a crime while in office. Most, if not all of the questions, were irritatingly slanted pro-Trump questions designed to get pro-Trump answers. The questions would have to be translated into American questions to get answers that Americans would want answers to. They seem to want Republican justice, not American justice.

You know, people like to say that, BUT it's technically not true.
While it is DoJ's "policy" not to indict a sitting president, there is no law
anywhere that says a sitting president cannot be charged with a crime.

"The U.S. Constitution explains how a president can be removed from office for “high crimes and misdemeanors” by Congress using the impeachment process. But the Constitution is silent on whether a president can face criminal prosecution in court, and the U.S. Supreme Court has not directly addressed the question." -- Reuters

@KKGator That's true. But Mueller, being who he is, and working for who he's working for, knew there was no way he could make that determination. Had Barr thought Mueller was going any other way, he'd fire Mueller on the spot.

Just like the House trying to impeach Trump. It's what they should do, but they know he'll never be ousted by a Republican Senate, no matter what.

Makes me think Trump needs to be charged in court for his crimes. What court? I don't know. It's probably the only hope of anything happening to this criminal before 2021.

@david75090 I'm down with pitchforks and torches. Among other things.

@KKGator

A ride in a tumbrel, even if just around the block a few times, as long as it passes rotted fruit and vegetable stands. 😉

Questions are slanted and biasly stated. Presumed answers in the way questions were structured. But what else would you expect from the American Conservative.

I noticed the source, but didn't think they needed to be dismissed on those grounds alone. The questions were something I'd like answers to as well.

@WilliamCharles They werent. I read first, then looked at source after having read it, bothered by the things pointed out above. The questions were written so that outcome was already assumed and were not written to get at any truth.

@t1nick

I thought a line of questioning is meant to establish points in a manner that goes beyond assumptions. It would seem to me that getting the answers to these would prompt further action with regard to impeachment of Trump. It would also go a long way towards understanding Mueller's reasoning for the terms he couched his findings in. I find that helpful approach. It's anyone's guess what the actual approach of Congress will be.

@WilliamCharles I am a researcher. The point is to ask poignant, yet unbiased question so that the answers given are not intentionally driven in a paticular direction. If the person is guilty or the facts take the the answers on a given direction, its not the questionnaire or the questioners doing, but the respondent. The questions were stated such that the respondent was always guilty or answering in a way that biased the only responses they could give. Sort of like a perjury trap. It was an unfair line of questioning ad inadmissible as such. Called leading the witness.

@WilliamCharles I'm no Trump fan and would love to see him and his family jailed for the rest of their unnatural lives. But the questioning needs to be correct to avoid them using a technicality to get off.

@t1nick

Maybe you'd be willing to reword one of the questions to provide an example. The perjury trap reference also throws me a bit as it still involves knowingly lying, does it not?

@WilliamCharles That was my point regarding the way the questions were worded.

@WilliamCharles If I can find a break I'll try.

His job was to uncover evidence just that we do the rest

Let's hope Congress proceeds accordingly.

It was never really Bob's job to level indictments. His job was to present the evidence and let the supposedly neutral AG level the charges. Barr being a great spin man since the Iran/Contra scandal, took it like a floater right over the plate. If this administration wasn't worried about anything, they wouldn't be stonewalling fucking everything else.

He totally used the summary Barr gave as his jumping off point...Mueller is wiser and smarter than he is given credit for...if he had come out and answered some of the things in the questions it would have created denial and incredulity in a direction that he did not want to give to either Democrats or Republicans...it would have been a lose/lose proposition...I think Mueller was trying to give the American people a big hint to figure it out themselves and giving our ELECTED officials the responsibility and duty to do what is their job...

Unfortunately, I think those who should have been the most outraged for having our laws followed carefully and the process of democracy in our country are not getting it...they are the ones who claim patriotism and loving America and yet they are failing to see how tRUMP is taking this away from us all...Mueller underestimated the deviousness of Barr and others who have a vested interest in keeping us all in the dark about what is going on...

I think if Mueller testifies, he is going to have to use the "hit them in the head approach" to get through...so yeah, answer all of those questions ... the answers are not going to be pretty...

Thanks. I like your analysis.

@WilliamCharles I read the report...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:343446
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.