Agnostic.com

28 15

What's up!

(I'm so happy an app like this exists!)

My name is Lydia. I'm an atheist, I was a fundamental Christian 3 years ago but then I studied music and biology and critical thinking in high school, and learned and listened to opinions and arguments, and I was suddenly athiest (After many years of anxiety and painful existential growth). In short, I went from anti-evolution and anti-feminism to hard-core evolutionist and hard-core feminist.

I've only dated 1 person. He didn't actually like me but I had thought he did for the entire relationship (7 months) it's sad. I cry.
I played viola for 7 years.
I'm studying Chemistry, English and Trigonometry currently in college (sophomore) for an associate in science.
I have really impressive savings for the amount of money I make tbh...
I used it to visit Seoul last year.
I work at QuikTrip as a clerk.
I'm not good at making and keeping friends, but I'm reading books on how to be better!
I really do like biology.
Maybe I can become an English teacher and teach in Korea and China and Japan and Taiwan.....etc.-????

lrm9298 3 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey! Welcome! I'm a new kid too!

Welcome🙂

Hello Lydia. Welcome to our online home away from home.

I'm sorry about the boy, but better to find out now than waste more years of this one precious life. It's all experience you can use to decide what you need in a partner. We all have our journeys to make and some people are meant to accompany us for only a part of the way to teach us something about ourselves.

The good news is the heart is resilient. Cry, then pick yourself up, smile and move on to the next big adventure. There will be others you can entrust your heart to.

I studied biotechnology in college and have had a long and varied career in it, so I am glad to hear you like biology.

I played the viola for 3 months in 6th grade, and I am sad to say it is my one big regret. I should never have given it up.

You sound like you are positioning yourself well, so I can see good things coming your way in time.

Welcome Lydia, you sound like a really cool person. And, I like your life plans. I decided a little late in life that adventure was really important. So just keep doing your thing and being yourself and make some friends and you will have much to offer this world!

Welcome Lydia!

Education is a good thing

Welcome to the party. You're doing it right by trying and experiencing new and exciting things. I envy you your youth and enthusiasm. Please post as much as you want. Not too many jerks here.

Welcome welcome!

People are very difficult to understand. I have the same problem. Now that I am older it's a little easier. I find that the people that like me really like me and those are the people worth my time.

Lydia, welcome and enjoy your stay! My suggestion to you is to read the four agreements. [toltecspirit.com] Good luck on your journey!

Coolmaste (the cool in me recognizes the cool in you) a reference from your bio.

Hello Lydia, what a small world. Ive also worked for QT out of HS and was actually promoted to RA after being a clerk for about a year and a half. (I bought my house at age 23 with money saved by working at qt)I left the company in 2010 but my little brother is still with qt as a store manager in the Atlanta market.

Hi Lydia. I'm another ex-Christian and now that I have been enlightened I can never go back. Gods are imaginary.
As for yourself, do not let people confuse you or hold you down. Your impressive savings sounds good. You can do or be almost anything that you want to. If you set goals just go for it in a serious way and you can do it.

Welcome.

Welcome Lydia. Sounds like you have a good freethinkers head on your shoulders.

Welcome heathen lol

Welcome Lydia! It's wonderful you broke free of religion so young. When I was young, good information was harder to come by. It took me a long time to realize it was all a myth. I hope all your dreams come to fruition.

The world's your oyster, Lydia! Oh, to be your age and have a world of possibilities open. You go get it all, girl!

Welcome to the group!

Hello Lydia. I'm new to this group also. I'm 52 years old and I'm just now learning what's important. You are doing great. Take chances. Be fearless. Explore this beautiful world. You won't regret it. Don't let fear stop you.

Lia65 Level 4 Mar 21, 2018

Welcome to the group.
I hope you find it to your liking.
Congratulations of recovering from the dark cloud of religious superstition.

You sound like you're on your way!

I’ve heard of, and been to, QT lol

Thanks for sharing! Seoul is great. I’d go back any time.

Marz Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

Hi welcome 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34421
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.