Agnostic.com

2 0

LINK 2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg slams the 'hypocrisy' of evangelicals who support Trump

He isn't my favorite candidate (I think it is too early to have a favorite), but I do like how he is pointing out religious hypocrisy.

snytiger6 9 May 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He has a great point about Trump being so self-worshipping that it's hard to believe he would humble himself before God. While I don't normally appreciate any religious talk by candidates, I think his comments might reach a portion of the country who might listen out of curiosity. All voices against Trump/Pence are welcome, in my view, and his is a fresh approach.

I like it because he's not afraid to fight them head on. BUT, that said, it's pointless because they don't care about hypocrisy. They see it from a different angle (spin) or don't believe the stories so it doesn't affect their judgment. I still think we have a responsibility to keep pointing it out but that can't be the foundation of our efforts against trump.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:344635
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.