Agnostic.com

21 0

Do you believe in an after life or does consciousness end when you die

thcking94 3 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only energy moves on

Aren't we made up of some sort of energies ? So I say , part of us lives on in some form. ( well, I would like to believe we do )

yes, we feed the soil that feeds the plants etc. the circle of life. without death, there can't even be life. you have a very slight chance of being a very tiny part of a human but more likely something else.

This life is all we get.

For the moment ! 😉

I am a firm believer that for most people there is death after life.

More than likely I'll be reincarnated, since I remembered my past life when I was born, as well as my sister, and later I remembered far more past lives. Research with children 2-6 yrs old who remembered past lives showed accuracy in details they couldn't have known. Einstein proved all matter is just another phase of energy, so since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, we have always existed and will always exist in some energy form.

YES ! 🙂

I'll let you know

I'll be waiting 😉

No one asked this question of rocks or plants. Yep we all evolved from the same star stuff so yeah it's about the same thing Consciousness is a temporary state.

From Ecclesiates chapter 9 5 For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. 6 Indeed their love, their hate and their zeal have already perished, and they will no longer have a share in all that is done under the sun. The Bible has the answer....but Christians never read this passage?

I do not believe in any kind of afterlife. I think when you're dead, you're dead. That's all there is, there is no more. I'm really good with that.

If such foolishness does exist I would hope to have the harddrive erased.

I do believe that consciousness dies with the death of the body. That said, I do think a lot about the whole physics of it all. Particularly that energy never dies, and we are pure energy. I look at pictures taken from the Hubble. I think about "my" energy swirling in the cosmos and it's a fun idea. Full disclosure: I don't know shit about physics.

My consciousness is sometimes hit or miss even now. I'm not expecting much from it after my brain finishes decomposing.

skado Level 9 Mar 10, 2018

Does it bother you that you did not have consciousness before you were born? There is nothing to fear in death.

Nope, yep.

I believe in something after the death of the body, I wouldn't call it life tho

I've not seen any convincing evidence that anything lasts beyond death. I think it is likely nothing does. But it will certainly been interesting to find out eventually.

When you die you are dead. Just as dead as any animal you see that is dead. For some reason man does not understand his dream state so others make up stories about where they have traveled when the body has went nowhere. They call it "near death." Being near dead is not the same as being really dead.

I belief in life after death. After I die life will go on for everyone who isn't me.

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

I belief in life after death. After I die life will go on for everyone who isn't me.

JimG Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

I would like to believe in an after life , but I will not know if there is an afterlife untill I die. and if I actually get an afterlife will I remember my previous life or will there be a kind of cosmic amnesia and it will seem I have only one life to make the best of this life unless something terrible happens and the life ends horribly in violence or suicide or terrible illness. At any rate it is a comforting thought esp if the life you are experiencing now is horrible. If I am am a thinking and living thing which is safe to say has conciousness then the desire of this consciousness wants to go on, just like life has the instinct to keep on living weather or not this happens or not.

Zeta Level 3 Mar 10, 2018

Ends.

Also it seems we will all find out eventually, so why stress about it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:34785
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.