Agnostic.com

9 21

LINK Kansas Supreme Court Declares Choice a State Constitutional Right

Down goes Kansas! Women's right to choose is Federally and state guaranteed, constitutionally. Who would've thought? Bless our Judges who apply and interpret the law, not their religiously attached emotions.

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This would be a great step and I suspect many states would go that way (mine actually has programs that support choice). It would be interesting to see if the S. Court allowed states to do this. I would suspect yes as they would see this as a middle way which they seem to do often.

The ruling isn't as a blessing as you might think. The words State has interest and narrowly tailored rule means they can still outlaw abortions but not all abortions.

Such as
: it is unlawful for any person to perform an abortion without being a licensed medical practitioner with the appropriate training and facilities to perform the operation.
It is unlawful for a medical practitioner to perform an abortion when the fetus is developed beyond the point in which it can be sustained outside the womb and birthing the child instead of aborting the child would create no greater risk or harm to the mother.

Etc...

brownbackistan crumbles lol. maybe, MAYBE back to normal as a state, maybe starting now?

g

Maybe all the women in Alabama should move to Kansas.

Makes me very happy.

Wait until Roy Moore hears about it. He is not going to like it... lol

So now we know the Republican Fascists have not infiltrated all the courts in this country!

Such great news!

We still have a chance to Eradicate this Fascist menace from our shores!

Glad to hear it.
Kansas is working overtime to make up for Brownback and the other republicans.
This is a step in the right direction.

However, it's only a State Constitutional right.
If Roe and Casey are both overturned by the SCOTUS, which could happen,
Kansas will have to go to court with the feds to maintain their state sovereignty.

There must be more sense in the Kansas Supreme Court than in their legislature.

There is sense in KS, you just have to dig for it.

Good for them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:348268
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.