Agnostic.com

6 8

Amazon Tribe wins lawsuit against Big Oil, saving millions of acres of rainforest

[disclose.tv]tribe-wins-lawsuit-against-big-oil-saving-millions-of-acres-of-rainforest-367412?fbclid=IwAR32uaRQb1Kt1R5IDWrchoJPiH7U1agONs2ATBDJ161K8Bh7bfpi-8q-PXg

LiterateHiker 9 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A book about this very issue and tribe came out in 1995 "Savages" by Joe Kane. It is a very interesting book and I highly recommend it. In 2006 a similar tribe in Columbia was able to defeat Occidental petroleum which pulled out of that area. This is another side of the evils of oil and people need to think long and hard before buying a SUV or large gas guzzling vehicle.

I certainly hope that they truely suceed,,Rain forest i wish it could be declared that it is world eco centre not to be touched as it benefits the whole world

Great 👍

bobwjr Level 10 May 19, 2019

Good news, with a caveat, Brazil's President has been compared to tRump, so who knows what may or may not be enforced.

Good news for the world.

People don't realize the rain forests are resilient and if we leave them alone and stop cutting them down, for instance for making groves of just palms for palm oil, they grow back. I have a friend who buys farmland of those that own land, but to get it had to clear part of rain forest for farming or raising cattle. He teaches the native land owners and teaches them to grow cacao and coffee and sell it as fair trade. they make more money since it grows naturally there. He said in a few years the part of their land they cleared decades ago is taken over by the rain forest, again.

@gigihein

The Amazon Rainforest provides 25% of the Earth's oxygen.

@LiterateHiker I know and why so important to preserve it. The palm industry buy moles of rain forest and burn it down because of the big demand for palm oil. I buy nothing with palm oil

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:349356
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.