Agnostic.com

7 2

LINK Men 10 Times More Likely Than Women To Be Killed At Work

Just imagine what would happen if it were the other way round... Are men really always privileged? Men are the disposable sex

#sex
Matias 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow, so many sexist comments. I don't think anyone gets the point of what you are trying to say here, that its a real slap in the face to feminists complaining about equality for women, when that also would entail increasing their likely hood of dying at work.

"when that also would entail increasing their likely hood of dying at work."

They are just asking for the right to hold the same job.. and most a very aware of the risks.
So no..
It is not a "slap to the face" of most feminists.

@hippydog Everyone already has the right to hold those jobs so long as they are physically qualified to do so.

Maybe "slap in the face" is a bad term, but I think you know what I'm trying to say.

@Happy_Killbot having the "right" and being allowed to do so by current society are two different things.

@hippydog US submarines are primarily male, and the US Navy has only just started excepting female enlisted crewmembers on submarines.

Every study done by the Navy indicates that women are overall better qualified for life on submarines.

Why did the Navy not allow it until recently?
Logistics
Subs are to small to have separate crew compartments and bathrooms, and there are many more male volunteers than female. Newer virginia class subs do make room for separate crew compartments and this is why the Navy is making the change.

I use this as an example of when what works for individuals isn't a good idea for policy makers for reasons outside of their control.

Because we are smarter? Lol

zesty Level 7 May 19, 2019

No. Because women are smart enough not to think they are clever enough to bend the rules.
In my personal experience, the greatest accidents were among college graduates who thought they were clever enough to ignore our safety rules. I have seen a beheaded body, a body literally sheared in two at the waist and countless maimed bodies. Every single one had failed to follow basic safety rules, and the majority were our brightest technicians.

@Petter I was joking!

@zesty I know you were. Hence my emoticon.
However, it was a good excuse to explain something serious. A clever man needn't be a smart man, especially if he is arrogant about his skills. Whereas I never noticed that in any of our women.

Stupid men: Why women live longer:

[skunksoup.com]

As the article states: "the four most dangerous occupations were in commercial fishing, logging, aircraft pilots, and roofers." Already we can see that 3 of those are 'outside' jobs that probably have poor safety records and risk of serious injuries too because of weather, equipment failure, and distance from a hospital. And the crash of an airline is an occupational hazard that pilot encounter regardless of gender. Just proves to me that men happen to be in those occupations more and this really isn't about being 'disposable', do you agree? Not a case of lack of privilege...more like a lack of OSHA regulation and enforcement.

Of course, after all men do more menial work, they are likely to want to 'show off' to others, they don't take that kind of attention that women do to what may happen, they love playing ruff, etc, etc.

That's how mother nature has always worked.

That’s just the way it is, neither good nor bad, just life. Women are biologically more valuable because they carry those eggs.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:349409
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.