Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK Alabama Public Television refuses to air 'Arthur' episode with gay wedding

Sad. There is a reason why Alabama always scores so low in education.

snytiger6 9 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Isn't anyone offended that a rat is sexually attracted to an aardvark?

IT'S Alabama bible belt what did you expect

bobwjr Level 10 May 21, 2019

Its very sad how backwards this country is becoming in last 5 years or so.

My parents talked to us about gay couples when I was in elementary school...at that age, I didn't think it was any big deal...like two friends living together, which I thought was cool and not so lonely...what the heck? I guess the value to dislike others because they are not like us is more important than allowing people to just live their lives in happiness...how does this hurt kids or our society?

it makes me sad because they bring out hate in me for them hating others. it actually takes effort to overcome my aversion and try to understand why they're so ugly.

@JeffMesser Are you talking about your parents? My father did not like the lifestyle and did not understand...but he said one does not have to understand everything to know that it was wrong or right...if he saw no harm being done to him or his family, then he accepted it...my father only hated one thing in his life and that was willful stupidity...

@thinktwice oh no I am just talking about haters in general. my bad.

I envy your having such thoughtful parents.

@snytiger6 My dad's best friend in the Army was a black man married to a white woman in the late 50's, early 60's...he came over to our house with his wife and I remember asking my dad why he was so black (I was 5 or 6) right in front of them...my dad did not skip a beat...he told me it was because whoever made people liked to use all of the colors of crayons so he made some white, some brown, some black, some cream, some pink, some yellow...I was thrilled and always used the colors when I drew people...my dad was the best...

@thinktwice That is a great exp0lanation for a kid. Much easier than explaiing how ove tens of thousands of years different people over different parts of the world devloped pigmentation through natural selection that best suited their environments. 5 or 6 may still be a bit young for understanding Darwin.

By contrast, I was 16 before I found out I had an Aunt Barbera. You see she married a black man and my parents thought it would be a bad example for us kids, and may even cause us to marry (heaven forbid) inter racially.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:350288
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.