Agnostic.com

33 4

How do men feel about females asking them out, or females making the first move?

kraseyk 6 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll try it this one time but just to be clear don't be expecting sex just because you buy me dinner.

Yes, please.

I'll second that! 🙂

In my experience: slightly taken aback, impressed, excited, flattered.

I am all for it!! Its a turn on.

I’m fine with that, not just in the spirit of equality, but sometimes a woman might see the potential for a spark or match before a man.

It makes them extra HOT!!! Woooo Hooo!!!

I approve. I'm not a very forward guy, so it's cool, but I do feel bad about turning her down, whatever the reason.Please don't think I turn them ALL down.

Do it! It takes all the pressure off the guy. We have to get used to being turned down it's no fun and you may have to get used to it too but it helps immensely if you make the first move.

lerlo Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

I'm quite flattered when that happens

Thank you for posting this question. I always wondered. Guys: Would you feel comfortable saying no to a woman? Forced to say yes?

Irene Level 4 Apr 21, 2018

Well it sounds very nice, but last time it happened one of her big old male friends was waiting around the corner. He bopped me on the noggin, knocked me out and took all my money. I hope they enjoyed that four dollars and thirty two cents.

If a woman asked me out I would have to question both her taste and judgment, therefore I would have to turn her down as I couldn't date someone who makes such poor decisions.

Funny

Oh I hope that becomes the norm. It makes things easier. I rarely say anything because I'm worried of making someone I'm attracted to uncomfortable.

In today's world! You said it!

Well, I'd ask you out. Too bad you don't live in Texas ?

I'm always flattered and usually accept! Used to happen when I was a younger, now, uh not so much...

Why shouldn't women make the first, after all we are trying to live in a world of Equal rights for everyonearen't we?
Plus, considering that with all of this crazy Political Correctness running to extremes any bloke these days making the 'first move' stands a big chance of copping either a hefty smack in the mouth or a bloody big law suit at best.

I'm fine with it. It's 2018.

Historically, most of the relationships i've had, i wasn't the one who initiated things.

I'm perfectly okay with it. Sometimes I lack initiative.

I'm for it, being an introvert makes it really hard for me to put myself out there in the first place. My last few relationships, I pretty much needed an engraved invitation before asking someone out.

I totally understand. I have an alter ego, an overly friendly personally for work. Normally, I never socialize. So, I think everyone is being nice to me, because they have to be. I have no clue when a guy really digs me. Unless, he does something really creepy and over the top ?

I would certainly be surprised but flattered to have this happen to me..... I would be suspicious that my current girl was carring out a test to see if I am faithful or not !

I have no stake in this conversation but I am wondering if a girl asks a guy out for dinner does she automatically pay for the meal? What is the procedure in this case? Whenever I ask anybody out, I expect to pay.

gearl Level 8 Mar 10, 2018

I always pay if I've requested the date. Unless the guy is stuck in gender roles too much to allow me to, in which case, I get irritated. I find it patronizing.

I am flexible with paying. I DO expect that if I asked them out, I am paying.

Further, if I choose what I know is an expensive restaurant, I will offer to treat.

All that said, I advocate to young women that I talk to (I teach, and one of the gals was talking to me about joining the Army, that sort of thing) that they should opt for going dutch. That way there are no possible expectations along nefarious and shallow thinking lines (I paid for dinner so you owe me).

For the record: I am actually going the other way. I try hard to give experiences where there are absolutely NO expectations, no strings. Why? Because we have too much of this in our society... and my father constantly did that. I want people to know that it's ok to be generous and NOT have any expectations of a quid pro quo of any kind (both sides, giving and receiving).

A few times I have paid for the first date. Only because it made me feel more in control. Men have been too pushy about paying and then expecting me to put out. But I'd like to pay half of everything, because it's only fair.

A woman who confidently knows what she wants? Yeah, it works out sometimes.

Marz Level 7 Mar 10, 2018

If he is insulted or has a negative machismo reaction I have to find humor in it because of his insecurity A friend is a good start and letting him know im interested at that level first should nit threaten any man a humorless boor is ibdicated

It probably depends on the guy -- Some may like it, others may not.

You probably won't get a definitive answer given how different we all are.

Admittedly this is no help. Personally, I kind of dig it because it removes any doubt that the gal is interested.

Works for me.

I think it's perfectly fine. especially if the female has interest, for me, it shows she's upfront, and not afraid her intentions, good move.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35145
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.