Agnostic.com

35 2

Best damn concert you've ever been to?

Mine: Depeche Mode - San Antonio, Texas 2005
Also, Ween - Austin, Texas 2003 (I had a drug induced religious experience with this one!)

Jesusluvsu 6 Mar 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Prince concert in Tokyo, Japan. The music and the people were incredible. Nothing like seeing twenty thousand people playing the tamberine along with the musicians and keeping the beat. After the concert was over my WHOLE SECTION had the tamberines in the seats, not one was taken. INCREDIBLE!!

@AMGT Something to be said for a culture of honesty. None would have been left in the US.

Gotta say Nirvana on the last date of their only AUS tour. Circa 92 or 93? They played in a small venue (Selinas AKA Coogee Bay Hotel) known for hosting big bands. I've been to several big concerts (e.g. Guns N Roses' first concert in Sydney in 91 and their tour last year) - but no spectacle could match the experience of seeing a huge band in a small venue packed with like-minded fanatics!

I accidentally saw Nirvana and hung out with Kurt Cobain at Satyricon decades ago...I went to get a gyros and I stayed for some shots, and helped Kurt cut in line so he could get whatever he was getting at the bar...nice guy....music is okay, too...I don't remember the music that night, though...probably stayed at the bar...drinking my 151 shots with whatever backs...

@JohnnyThorazine That would have been cool. Would have been funny if someone in the back had shouted "Don't cut in line!"

David Bowie, Glass Spider Tour 14 September 1987, @Rupp Arena, Lexington KY
Top of the world sort of moment in life in general + awesome show, on acid.
I still hold a spare ticket to that show. If ever I get a trip in a time machine, I am set.

October 8, 2000 - Tina Turner and Joe Cocker. Never saw another concert. Never needed to.

Ooh, I soooo regret never having seen Tina live. 😟 Cocker is awesome, too, but sad to look at, poor man!

Saw Tina Turner at the O'Hara Hilton in Chicago at the very beginning of her solo career, it was 1980.. Private Dancer wasn't even out yet. She was amazing!

Mike, Joe died in 2014 and WHY was he "sad to look at"? He was phenomenal...never afraid to let it all hang out.

This is how you overload brain circuits. I've been to 1000's of show (not exaggerating), and the best show ever is always your own, or should be. We played a punk wedding in a church that swamped the church and the grounds around it. I had the flu in the morning that day, so I slammed a bottle of tequila, trying to kill it, and it worked, reacted weirdly with the fever I had, and had one of the wildest shows I can remember ever seeing or being apart of. We had a toddler hop onto the piano and just start beating the thing while we were playing. Punks were all over the 'stage' singing songs they didn't know the words to, the drummer got stoned with the lady who was in charge of the church...it was indescribable. But I tried.

Hard question. For me, probably my best damn concert was Robert Plant outdoors, Oak Mountain Amphatheater, Birminham AL sometime in the 1990s, I forget the exact year. There is something deliciously pagan about him. Lol
My best "holy" concert perhaps the Yes "Union" tour, in Seattle. Jon Anderson is fairly Jesussy, after all. 😛

Pink Floyd in Edmonton stone cold sober best concert ever.

Green Day, at the Rose Bowl with my daughter, it was the perfect bonding moment, also her first "real" concert
"X" at the Hollywood Palidium New Year's Eve
Shriekback, at a small club in downtown Los Angeles

@carolmisme Shriekback, was the best live band I have ever seen, they were actually fun. I put Green day because because I went with my daughter?. Living in L.A., I have seen quite a few, I used to go to the tiny dive bar with my ex wife and we would see people like John doe from X, Screaming Jay Hawkins, Dave Alvin from the Blasters etc.at a club/bar that held about 75 people. Missing Persons at a club that held about 250 people.

The original Misfits show in Vegas, Dead Cross at Warehouse Live in Houston, Dethklok at Revention in Houston, Danzig at International Ballroom in Houston, so many more, too. I can’t pick just one. I’ve got high expectations for the Misfits coming up in Newark in 2.5 months, too.

@AmiSue stub hub or other scalper site, best price is about $150 for nosebleeds. I think otherwise it is sold out. I was hoping for a nyc show announcement, too, but nothing yet.

Springsteen, approximately 10 years ago. Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. FLOOR SEATS at 50 yard line!

My first concert was the best: Led Zeppelin May 1973 @Denver Coliseum.

Mine too! A months afterwards in LA

Peter Gabriel, always. My favorite time was when he was in Stuttgart when I was in the Army there. <3

I have been to dozens of concerts and to this day the Rolling Stones are still No. 1.
Back in the late 70's - The Rolling Stones with Billy Preston on keyboards played at LSU. The sound quality was unmatched, the playing spot on, and Jagger was the quintessential Rock Star never ceasing to strut his stuff. It was the 'Americas' tour where the stage was shaped like a star and had a giant inflatable penis come out of the stage during the song 'Star Star'. The prudes were outraged and much of the tour was cancelled as a result. Very unfortunate for the fans.

I must shout out however that the single most impressive performer I have seen live is Stevie Ray Vaughan. I've seen him play on many occasions at both small venues and large and he was always simply incredible.

I would love to have seen Pink Floyd live as the Utube vids are very impressive.

At 18 Earth, Wind and Fire

Pink Floyd - Division Bell tour 1994, Peter Gabriel - Secret Worlds 1994, Genesis Mama tour 1984, Rush - Time Machine Tour 2010 and Yes - Relayer tour when My uncle took me. (I was 5 years old and wow!) Hard to pick so many more.....

Black Sabbath Tinley park, IL 2013 or 2015... Can't remember, but it was a great concert!

Stereophonics or ELO
But early years the specials where something else

One really good show from start too ,Finish was Metallica, with Suicidal Tendencies and Danzig opening, crazy show super intense, and probably the last 4 or 5 Iron Maiden tours, them dudes have been playing exceptionally well live for the better part of 15 yrs, besides Motley Crue, Megadeth, and seeing Ronnie James Dio 4 times , and also Steve Vai, as far as guitarist go hes the best ive seen totally Phenomenal live!

1992, Slayer, Red Rocks, Morrison, Co. \m/

Puscifer 2012. I was in the 3rd row at a small theater. Slightly buzzed. Amazing.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer at Universal Amphitheatre.

Runner-up: 1812 Overture at the Hollywood Bowl....with fireworks.

Green Day, at the Rose Bowl with my daughter, it was the perfect bonding moment

Yes - long beach arena about 1973. I was very high and the music was
so good 🙂

gater Level 7 Mar 11, 2018

Santana. .2008 or 2009??? San Antonio tx

2007 violent femms buffalo ny. Just a lot of energy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35208
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.