Agnostic.com

26 0

Sex or Love

Which would you rather have if you could only have one

• 27 votes
  • 40 votes
Mark9393 6 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love. And sex. But mostly to be loved.

I've been separated and divorced for 12 years and I've been jerked around by more women that I can count so I'm pretty much through with love, I'll take the sex. If you just have to have love, eat a box of good chocolates. Same thing.

sex without love is a shallow relationship that doesn't last long.
love without sex is meaningful and supportive. Plus you can always masturbate.

Sex. I get all kinds of love from my friends, but I can't sleep with them, for various reasons. And I don't want to live my life without sex. But without romantic love? Maybe I'm jaded at the moment, but that sounds glorious.

Sex without love is still pretty fucking wonderful! Love without sex, not so much.

Love is more important.

I've alwasy foudn ti esier to find sex partners than persons whom I coudl love, so of course i value love, or the more rare, more hihgly.

Love without sex (with that person) I could happily live with, if sex without love (with other people) was also an option. But I spent over 15 years in a sexless relationship (those who deal in these matters consider anything less than 10 times a year to be sexless, this relationship was typically 3 or 4.) I'm not willing to go back there, for all of the love in the world.

Sex leads to love, women give sex for love men love women for sex

I chose love without sex. I'm a highly sexual person, but I feel I'd rather have someone deeply and honestly love me. I've had plenty of sex. I've only been completely loved 2ce.

Of course I want both, preferably with the same person, with different people is option number 2.
Sex isn't really that hard to get, though good sex is not as common. But finding that bond with someone is proving impossible.

This can change depending on the last direction I turned the car 😟. I miss all of it

Real love would transendt sex, as it would include a physical and mental bound that reach beyond mere sexual pleasure.

we can always get sex but love is hard to come by

John Mellencamp said it best: " I need a lover that won't drive me crazy ! "

I do.

For me if there is no love or even deep caring there is no meaningful sex. Besides one can have sex without a partner but it is difficult to have one-sided love.

I saw a his and hers T-shirt. His said: "just because I will sleep with you doesn't mean I love you", and hers said: "just because I love you doesn't mean I will sleep with you".

I had to give this some thought.
I'm often glad that I'm single because of the issues I see couples fighting over but I have also come to realize that I am a bit lonely. Most of my lonliness would be allieviated with close friends and not necessarily a significant other.

I'm not willing to give up sex for a love. Although, I might be dragged into it, with an injury that doesn't heal. Hookups aren't an answer. Polyamory might help, but might be worse. So, life's a bitch until you die. What's new.

I thought I had love but it was as without love as it was without sex so I'd take sex without love.

In an ideal world the first woman I found really atractive inside and out id of loved till we died the end but it isnt and I like sex a lot. as long as I know what the situation is id happily have sex without love and have. im not sure ive been in love really but I have stayed true to long term relasionships.

When we are young we want to experience all we can, Sex is no exclusion, When we get older and have had sex many many times, it does come down to love.

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 11, 2018

Life is not that simple. Some people mistakes sex for love. Some think lust is love. Sexual attraction is often misunderstood for love. Life is never that simple. One can have the best sex without love. One can also love someone more than anything and not have sex with that person.

Yeah i love my female best friend immensely but I sure as hell wouldnt wanna have sex with her lol xP

Without an enthusiastic partner they are both useless. You can have love without sex but that only means somebody else is getting the sex. It's pretty easy for sex without love to become sex with love.

Completely agree

Or thinking youre in love but youre not truly as I think is more commonly the case.

I really cannot get into the casual hook up scene. I need pretty deep caring for a person before being able to get physically intimate with them.

Zster Level 8 Mar 11, 2018

Same here. I'm completely uninterested in hook-ups and can't imagine sex without feeling at least some love for that person.

I honestly cannot even answer that. I’m assuming you mean for the rest of my life? I’m going to vote sex without love with the hope that there is at least friendship/fondness/affection.

I like to overthink things.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Although I greatly enjoy sex (really wish I had someone to share that experience) I'm not sure a bump and grind relationship void of mutual respect would be rewarding and yes, that is why I seldom have a partner.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35431
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.