Agnostic.com

14 0

What's your favorite song from childhood?

I've asked a few friends and they all have a big variety i want to know yours give me music requests too

Carla_Jones 5 May 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can't narrow it down to one.
Steely Dan - Bodhisattva
Boston - Foreplay / Long Time
America - Ventura Highway
Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes

To name a few

Waltzing Matilda ... and I'm an American 🙂

Varn Level 8 May 31, 2019

Nearly everyone who meets Matilda mentions-or starts singing-that song!

Meat loaf bat out of hell ac/dc 2112 yellow black sabbath abba loads more

The theme music from the old Peanuts cartoon shows.

James Taylor, Carolina in My Mind

I was never really interested in music when I was little - all my friends were infected with pre-teen adoration of bands like Wham and Spandau Ballet, but although I knew I liked music (I'd built up a small collection of 78rpm classical records by the time I was six, bought with my pocket money from flea markets, and had an old Dansette record player) modern music just didn't do anything for me.

Then, one day when I was about eight, I heard a DJ on the radio announce that the next piece of music to be broadcast was by a German band. I'd been to Germany enough times by then to have some friends there (I sometimes wonder what became of Liesl, Tabita and Anja; I hope they're leading happy lives) and I absolutely loved the country, so I was immediately interested... and then, for the first time in my life, I listened to Autobahn by Kraftwerk. It was exactly the sort of modern music for which I'd been waiting.

Jnei Level 8 May 31, 2019

Thanks to Kraftwerk, I soon discovered Tangerine Dream and Neu!, who in turn led me to Throbbing Gristle, who pointed me towards Skinny Puppy, who then sent me in the direction of Model 500... and that set me off on the path into the rave/electronica/techno/free party anarchist scene, which led me back to punk... and all that made me the sort of person I am today.

My father built up a large collection of classical music. My brother and sisters (10+ years older than me) had all the popular music of the sixties - connie francis, petula clarke, beatles, etc. That was the eclectic mix I grew up with. Then when I was 12 in the local town I heard a wailing guitar coming from the local cinema - I listened from the stage door, literally 20 feet from the side of the stage to Jimi Hendrix - a revelation

Childhood for me was the 1970s. I have a fave five (or more), or so, but will put Chicago on top for this question...

"Saturday in the Park" Chicago
"Car Wash" Rose Royce
"Sunshine" Jonathon Edwards
"Ticket to Ride" Vanity Fair
"Train in Vain" The Clash
"Year of the Cat" Al Stewart

Zster Level 8 May 31, 2019

Beatles Let it Be , Beethoven Ode to Joy

Brown Eyed Girl

lerlo Level 8 May 31, 2019

My father was an opera fan...I learned to sing this song at a very young age...

I'll arbitrarily define my childhood as pre-rock/pop times...mother's record albums, Burl Ives and Music Man soundtrack...

I was a Neil Diamond fan.
Toss up between "Sweet Caroline" & "Nowhere Man" by the Beatles.

Now.....I absolutely hate Sweet Caroline

twill Level 7 June 3, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:354594
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.