Agnostic.com

16 8

Did you buy something and discover you have it at home?

"Do I need to get blue thread?" I thought after choosing fabric for a dress.

Banish the thought! Shoot me if I buy more blue thread.

Of course, on the sewing machine was more blue thread from the last thing I sewed.

This reminds me...

I'm sorry to report that I have a mustache. In my younger years, it was incipient like a cloudy sky that threatens to rain. When it turned dark and stormy, I dealt with it by buying a much-too-large jar of Jolene creme bleach. (I tried buying a small jar, but no one stocks it.)

This trip to the store was immediately followed by the discovery of several other perfectly good, much-too-large jars of Jolene creme bleach that were right there under the bathroom sink- where I swear I just looked for them- and didn't see them.

LiterateHiker 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I bought 2 40 lb bags of cat litter because I was out set them next to litter box an hour latter I went to a back self and found 4 more The cats are set up for at least 6 months unless it happens again.

Same thing happens with tools. I think I have 3 of everything....Is this the beginning of hording????

lol

LOL..yes happens reasonably often especially with food ,sometimes, if your a guy ,happens a lot with tools,,see a new shiney one and you forget you already have one or two ,Have minimized a fair bit and was surprised what i found,,still doing it but got majority of stuff gone,,But everytime i go thru,,find more duplicat items and times change so get rid of a few more things,,Aging has it,s challenges lol , I have started checking for things before i go out to buy

lol all the time...what you should do from now on is only buy fabric that you can use up your blue threads! ha ha

And...yes...I buy again just so I don't have to look...

And, as we get older, hairs do appear at the oddest places...I go the painful route and have them lasered off...

If you can't remember what you have maybe embrace minimalism and get rid of a lot of it. Worked for me....

@Mitch07102

I also sew for other people. Seamstresses need a good selection of threads.

You should see my sewing box! It's like a tool box:

snaps, hooks, embroidery floss, crochet hook, sequins, seam ripper, needles, hem tape, parachute cord, zipper repair kits, elastic, etc.

And a box of scrap fabric and felt.

Never know when I'll need it.

@Mitch07102

Also, I love making Christmas stockings for people I love and daughter my Claire's pets.

A labor of love.

fruit and veg - all the time
nuts bolts screws hinges paint - every time I get stuff for doing a job I find some already in the garage or workshop or store room

Oh I just know I have this item at home....somewhere! Can't find it when I want it tho, so I buy another.

I do this with vinyl records. Anyone want Janet Jackson’s Control?

Yes, far to often. I am a hoarder so that does happen. I am trying to deal with my addiction and am doing fine. Have started to sell off a lot of things I have. So far I have a jar full of money from things I have sold but I cannot see that my house has become any less of stuff, but I am on the right track. Selling thing is almost as fun as buying I have discovered.

Pepper vinegar. Does anyone need pepper vinegar?
Most of you are probably not even be familiar with it, but to my taste it is an essential splash add to collard greens. I must have 5 jars. They are small at least.

And there are several distinct shades of blue thread there. You want to match to he cloth as closely as you can.

How very human of you. I also do stupid human things at times. 😛

I was at Costco last weekend and, with a young niece coming to visit for the summer, purchased the (not inexpensive) Kirkland brand organic maple syrup to put on my famous pancakes and French toast. I came home, opened the pantry, and found an unopened bottle I’d purchased a couple weeks earlier, for the exact same reason.

Why do you think I have such a hard time getting rid of anything? Because I KNOW that just as soon as I do get rid of it, I will NEED it. Of course, if it ever happens that I do need it, odds are I won't be able to remember where I put it. 😟

Guilty!!!! Or finding things when you don't need it and when you do.... they hide from you!!!!

All of the time and I live in an 8 foot by 26 foot space. How fucked up am I? 🙂

@Sticks48

Hilarious!

@LiterateHiker Maybe to you! 🙂

connect four. i thought i had lost my game and i bought a new one, cheaply of course, and came home to find i still had one.

g

@genessa

Glad I'm not alone.

Nooo...nuh uh...I would never do something like THAT!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357587
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.