Agnostic.com

10 14

Watching Elizabeth Warren Come Alive

"Elizabeth Warren is too strident," my friend Billie said. "Billie" is a common name for girls in North Carolina. At 82, Billie is a Democrat who volunteers teaching English as a second language.

"People, especially Republicans, call strong, outspoken, intelligent women 'strident' to belittle them," I replied. "I love Elizabeth Warren!"

A week later, I gave Billie an excellent Time Magazine cover story on Elizabeth Warren.

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Explaining incredibly complex policy problems in a perfectly coherent way turns out to be Warren’s superpower. And while I went in dubious that Warren’s policy-minded campaign could ever compete with the charisma-driven, Father-Knows-Best performances of presidential candidates" ......" I realized that I was completely confused about the nature of political charisma itself." BINGO!

twill Level 7 June 10, 2019

I heard her in a radio interview maybe 20 years ago. She was explaining the credit card industry. I liked her a lot. I never forgot her and I was pleasantly surprised when she became a politician and then IDK how she became this national figure. Obviously The Orange Peel and the media have raised her profile. But then that means she gets entangled in every little bit of stupidity.

twill Level 7 June 10, 2019

Both sides of the border need better rights for women and Native north americans ,,All rights should be equal,Rights In fact Rights should be aimed at the word " Human Beings",,race.gender ,religion ,country,place of Origin does not matter,,everyone is equal in all respects and the same with marriage and that is a bond between 2 human beings,thats and that simple,,one could add or more if poly is legalized

And what did Billie say after she red the Time story, or did she not?

@Jolanta

I have not seen Billie since. We are going to watch the PBS "Rosemary and Thyme" series together a week from Sunday. I will ask her then.

"What {we} need is information, and an ally, and a plan." Warren checks those three boxes. I am following her with great interest. Thank you for sharing that article from Slate!

I adore Liz Warren. My dream ticket would be Sanders/Warren 2020. Their combined vision and commitment would pulverize Trump/Pence.

I would swap those around. I would like Sanders as the Vice President.

I love Elizabeth Warren and hope she becomes President. She's very smart and has many good policy proposals that would actually help those of us who the repubs have left behind. I'd love to see a smart strong woman like Elizabeth beat trumps fat ass!!!!

why are women the worst enemy of other women?

Elizabeth is one of the few people who actually cares for the people in this country. She understands how the Constitution works and how we can get to work for the people again. The abomination that is passing for leadership now cares not for anything other than itself and for the making of money from the position. I would vote for her in a heart beat.

She is a lying bitch.

zesty Level 7 June 7, 2019

@zesty

You nasty comment says more about YOU than anyone else.

Warren agreed with everything and the opposite concept. Indian Bitch!

Vulgar comments get attention but say nothing.

@MrDMC Is she Indian as she stated on her law school application?

@zesty yes

Why is it that Trump supporters do not know how to read, the information is out there, it can bd verified, and the supporters have no interest in what is reality.

@dalefvictor no, she was lying

@zesty You call her, "bitch." You have a right to your opinion. But what is your opinion? You don't even say what she is lying about. There is no substance in what you enter.

@MrDMC Let's see if she is an Indian as she stated.

@zesty It shouldn't make any difference. (BTW, an Indian is a person from India.)

@MrDMC As I said, a stupid lying bitch! American Indian the bitch stated!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.