Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Americans know literally nothing about the Constitution - CNNPolitics

Why does this not surprise me, and yet makes me sick to my stomach.

HippieChick58 9 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

American children aren't taught Civics any longer..it's 2 pages in their history books..argh👿👿👿👿👿

Every state has a Civics course as a requirement in a public high school, it depends on which state you live as to whether it's comprehensive or not. Some states don't require a formal test, ex. Texas. Some states skew academics to fit an ideology.

@Pamscwf1 like Texas's?

Every year on the 4th of July NPR read the Declaration of Independence - ignorant republicans thought the left was planning to over throw the government, literally, huge uproar on facebook.
Stupid shit
Of course I am not surprised they know nothing about the Constitution. Sad, ill, angry yes.

I actually knew very little about the constitution before joining this community... But I'm picking up some things here and there and googling some other things... Isn't this community great?! 😊

That is why I keep coming back.

Explains trumpers

bobwjr Level 10 June 7, 2019

The last signer was Alexander Hamilton. Ben Franklin and Tomas Jefferson were the major contributors to the writing. James Madison was the president in charge at the thime. The right to procreate is touched upon several times. There was no precision included for non belivers. Slaves both white and black were considered a fraction of the value of a common citizen.

Very troubling.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357876
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.