Agnostic.com

16 1

How do you find...?

How do you find other non religious folks to date?

Amyg23 5 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you get a good answer, let me know.

marga Level 7 Mar 12, 2018

The non religious is less of a drama here, my problem is how to find interesting people to date who are interested in dating me.

I just joined today, it seems a lot better than other Internet options. I don't necessarily have to have the same religious believes but as a potential long-term friendship; I prefer my believes be out in the open right away.

Here! People find there way here!

I have my profile on a few sites I still get religious nuts. I put a statement on one of my profiles (if you are are going to try and sell me religion, we will never mix)

Mostly very inteligent and interesting apart from the hardcore none believers who seem to talk more about religion than the religiouse

I don't.

Agnostic.com, Unitarian Universalist Churches, Meetup.com

Agnostic.com

Honestly, I wish I had the answer for you, as it would help me out a lot. Online dating is so very hit and miss that it gets exhausting.

I thought I'd be able to find some here, but that has not been the case. OKCupid and POF have a place to list religion or lack of it. It's the first thing I look at.

Volunteer, become active in your community and pick up non main stream newspapers. Visit your local University/College and go to their Philosophy/Non-religious schools and have a conversation with their TAs or Profs.

I got lucky in my first long term relationship. We didn't know the other was agnostic or atheist at the time. We found out later. I don't really search for non-religious people. I can tell when someone is pretty religious whether it's in person or online so those people are usually automatically eliminated from my dating pool. Less religious people are much more tolerable so I'm not completely turned off by them. They do have other qualities. As long as they aren't chanting prayers and going to church every day or constantly quoting the bible then I'm good and I can enjoy their other qualities.

That’s very . When going through dating apps I always swipe left at any religiosity I see posted in a profile. I hate seeing seeking a god first man, that’s like being a cuckold which is something that appears frequently in biblical text and myth. Joseph for instance cuckolded by the Heavenly Father. Or Zeus in Leda and the Swan. Most folks in BDSM and altsex communities are non believers.

As long as they don't go to church I don't care. I keep my beliefs to myself unless asked. They are my beliefs or nonbeliefs if you will. I have found with people who don't go to church the subject doesn't come up.

Wayne Gretzky told his son as a small child learning to play on the ice "don't go toward the puck, go to where the puck will be". Find the intelligent and where they go, if you do that they will come to you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.