Agnostic.com

17 2

How many of you have traveled abroad, and if so, what are a few of your top favorite countries, and (very briefly) why?

My top favorite countries: Australia, Tasmania, Mexico, Thailand.

Reason for liking them: plenty of sunshine, exotic animals and birds, warm weather (at least when I was there), and the beach.

birdingnut 8 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Although I loved Australia.....my favorites are Spain and Mexico. Their people are very nice and the art you see in each corner is great.
Thailand has a magnificent Royal Palace and the tuc-tuc are adorable....but I won't visit again.
Needless to say, I visited a lot in Argentina and the Iguazú Falls as well as the Pto. Moreno Glacier are unique...I reserve mi opinion about the people.

Japan. It was so different. Very modern.

Scotland. I could read the signs and speak the language (supposedly), so it was easier to get around. Very, very friendly people. Spent a lot of time in bars.

Azores, Portugal. Very green. Dangerous black cliffs. Pastures. Cobblestone streets. Rock fences. Skrimshaw. Mateus Rose, bread and cheese down at George the Crook's. Hard drugs. Good times.

Thule, Greenland. Spent one night there. Winter. Wish I could have spent some more time there. I bet the star gazing is phenominal.

Went on a Western Carribean Cruise. Favorite Stop Grand Cayman (Mexico, Belize and Isle Rotatoan-Hondurus others). Tropical, Modern and English Speaking, 2nd was Belize for mayan ruins.

I Have lived in France , Monte Carlo , Italy and Australia.
Visited Switzerland , Germany ,Turkey , Crete , Barbados, Japan .
I love Italy and stayed for 15 years . The climate , food , lifestyle , were , to me , wonderful .
The bureacracy was awful , and sometimes very annoying , but then again , the complete lack of respect for the ' authorities ' was amazing .

I was an exchange student in France, and that will always be my 1st love. I did some work in Barcelona a decade or so ago and loved the place; I'd like to see more of Spain. I am drawn to western Europe because that's the music I love best and I like the architecture and the history.

I have traveled abroad for work and pleasure; I prefer to focus on cities. My favorite cities to visit are: Sydney, Australia, Rio de Janiero, Brazil, Venice, Italy, Athens, Greece, Stockholm, Sweden, and Cape Town, South Africa. I would prefer to live, however, in Honolulu, Hawaii.

I've traveled extensively, but I can't say I have any real favorites, other than an idyllic stay in Moorea before it became the commercial tourist center it is today. Another would be Mexico where I lived for several years. Much of Europe and a lot of Asia. The people and culture are my main draws to certain countries and most are so wildly different that favorite doesn't work as a word.

I lived in Germany for 15 years and did a lot of traveling. I didn't make it to Skandanavia until after I had returned to the US but loved Stockholm. It is such an unusual city of islands. It also has the highest suicide rate in Europe during the winter.

Viet Nam was an eye opener for us. It was crazy, noisy, polluted, trashy and beautiful, friendly and exciting all at the same time. I will add a picture of my city in Germany. My house in in the picture but hard to see. I still miss it but keep in contact with friends.

France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Italy, Poland, Czechoslovakia (as it then was), Liechtenstein, Israel, Egypt.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 12, 2018

I really like South America, it's diverse and inexpensive. Ecuador has anything that someone could want, to visit or live. You can get a certificate to teach English at school on the beach for $2100. Technically it's a five week certification, room and board, and three meals a day. We can vacation for that much!

Florence in Italy beautiful and amazing architecture, Kanchanaburi in Thailand Bridge on the River Kwai, Jeath museum, historic and spiritual, , Venezuela like stepping back in time..

Europe, the whole damn place. The people, the food and beauty of it..I need to explore Africa and Asia..

Anytime you fancy a trip to the wilds of Cornwall .... You'd be most welcome .
You'd go home spelling ' humour ' properly though !

@MarcIveson thought you said cornhole..had to reread it.lol..Cornwall isn't that in Wales?

@Charlene How very dare you !!!on a clear day , from Lands End , you can see the Statue of Liberty .Thats about 15 miles from me .
Actually , Cornwall is sometimes referred to as 'The Island ' , because we are separated from Devon by the river Tamar ... There is even a political party to separate from Westminster .

@MarcIveson I had no clue Cornwall was 15 miles from Liberty Island..thanks for that info..btw we here in Massachusetts also have a party in the Western part of the state that wants secced for us..lol

@Charlene You are completely correct ... I could have phrased that better .I shall have a word with H.M. And arrange some grammatical exercises

@MarcIveson Would you?Also when speaking to her ask about Abdicating the Entire family..

@Charlene Whatever for ? I believe the Royal blood line is soon to be tainted by one of them marrying a commoner , from abroad , no less , quite soon .At this rate , the empire will not last much longer .

@MarcIveson are you referring to the upcoming nuptials between what's his name and what's her name?

@Charlene I certainly am . Prince Thingy will marry Angela Merkel or someone .

Its been a long times since I strapped a 40 lb pack on my back during my college days and went to: Israel,Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

When I was married and when I was singeI journeyed to Jamaica, St. Kitts/Nevis, Cancun, Cozumel and Canada.

Many times, many favorites, Italy, France, Austria, anywhere in Europe, USA, the people, the culture the history

My husband traveled to Japan on business and was completely blown away by how courteous, helpful and friendly the people were. We have also been to Spain, Portugal, Mexico, Jamaica - we've never had any negative experiences whatsoever. The people could not have been nicer to us...

Sweden. I lived there as an exchange student for a year in high school. I loved the people, the culture, the environment, and the language.

I lived there for a year as well, where in Sweden?

Sala. Not one of the bigger cities, but I loved it. Where were you?

Id love to go to africa or india for the elephants or dive with great white sharks but im much more afraid of the plane journey.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35921
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.