Agnostic.com

13 3

QUESTION Anti-Vax Mom: Death From Disease Part Of Divine Plan

On the plus side, this kind of stupidity is an evolutionary pressure.

NerdyOkieDude 7 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The step daughter of my mortgage mate is anti vaccine by virtue of pseudo science & the mercury scare. She moved her spawn from California which will require vaccination in 2018 public schools, to Arizona. Herd immunity has a place & protects most of those that are not immunized. They will not be able to travel outside of the country much. When I was in Israel I had to be vaccinated for cholera as Naples, Italy had an outbreak in 1972. The innoculator used the same needle on everyone there. I quickly said "FIRST" & my traveling companion said 2nd. Having seen the empty beaches in 1956 Chicago I know about the polio epidemic & its results which resonate today in latent polio syndrome. Personnally speaking give me & my pets all of the vaccines available. Rabies anyone?

When I started school and when my children started school proof of vaccination had to be provided. Any booster shots that were needed were given in school by a public nurse. Of course a permission slip from parents was signed first. It is really unfortunate that some kids in my grandchildrens' daycare are not vaccinated. They sure as hell are. I made sure of that.

Why has this woman not been arrested for child abuse ? How dare she risk the lives of her own and other children at risk because she has an imaginary friend ?

I spread the anti-vaxx propaganda...not because I believe it ...but because 7.5 BILLION f-cking humans are 7 Billion too many. We need a good plague. 😉

Childless by Choice!

So am I!

Unfortunately these anti-vaxers put others at risk. Babies who haven't reached the age to be vaccinated are suseptable to diseases when they are exposed to children who are not. Kids are going to start dying of preventable diseases like measles. These idiots should be made to home-school these poor kids and keep them at home. At least til someone smacks them and tell them the vaccinations do not cause autism.

Uuuuuugh!

She has been indoctrinated and is ignorant. I do not believe the a religious exemption should be allowed to endanger the public health. As a society we need to work keep religion out of government which includes our public schools. Vaccines should be mandatory (except for medical reasons) and she should be charged with child endangerment and her children should be removed from her care......AND ask her if she was vaccinated.....

Sheer, dangerous idiocy!

Tell this to my gramma who lost her only daughter to a disease nobody gets anymore. Gram was devout but she would never have called it a "divine plan". Had there been vaccines, her kids would have had them. When I came along, she made sure I had mine. People who lived constantly with the fact they could loose their children to common diseases would have called the" divine plan " the fact that someone came up with a way to prevent this.

It really should be illegal to have a religious exception for anything that puts anyone's health at risk. Especially when it comes to children. They are at the mercy of adults' delusions. It's child endangerment. Pure and simple.
With every passing day, I become more an anti-theist. I'm losing all patience with
those who would use their beliefs to harm anyone else, in any way.

I am amazed at all these religious nuts who think tht medicine in general interferes with "god's plan". It seems to me tht if there was a god, and these medical advances came about, it wold be more likely that those advances were "god's plcan", as he is all powerful and if he didnt' wish those advances to be available then he woudl nto have allowed them to come about in the first place.

But when they get sick they often use every means available to get better! Most religious are hypocritical when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is.

If there IS or would be a devine plan, then I would assume that it is indeed part of it as is EVERYTHING.

True, but it is sad that other people will potentially suffer as the result of her ignorance.

Mea Level 7 Mar 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:35957
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.