Agnostic.com

6 7

I get asked why I'm still here in Florida A LOT. It's Republican,its backward and there are waaaay too many bugs. Thing is, I grew up here. My hometown made me,ME. Also there's some pretty neat stuff here.
This is the Ringling museum of art,In Sarasota. I've spent a lot of time here since I was a child. So much so that I end up playing unofficial docent whenever I come here.I could do a photo book on just one visit but I'm going to post just a bit.
P.S. Thanks to @PatrickHermitage for making me think of museums today.

OpposingOpposum 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Now is the time to discovrer other things

I have fond memories of my years of growing up and living in Louisiana. We had the annual Christmas festival in my home town of Natchitoches, and down in south Louisiana they have cajun cuisine, the Superdome and the French Quarter 🙂

I get asked the same about Texas.

I've been to Texas and I have to say, it's pretty neat there and literally everyone I met was insanely nice.

I am from Chicago, been here 20+ years. I will not let Conservatives be the only ones enjoying year round good weather, (as compared to Chicago), multiple Spring Training games, the beaches, etc. Plus it's fun to antagonize them, I had all kind of Hilary signs on my front lawn. Even got one neighbor to complain it was in bad taste (?).

Lol! They would

The liberal perception of Florida is unfortunately limited. It's actually more like an entire continent within one state. If you dig weird & wonderful, like I do, you're not going to find more of that per square foot anywhere east of the Mississippi than you will in FLA.

Yup. And I love me some weird and wonderful.

As I always say to people with progressive politics who live in a right wing area: "someone's got to stay behind to clear up the mess!"

Jnei Level 8 Mar 12, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36020
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.