Agnostic.com

28 3

Guilt Trips

How do you handle the disappointed looks and guilt trips that people give you when you say (or they find out) you're a non believer?

Amyg23 5 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any anecdotal or pseudoscientific approach to your emotional energy being offset here would muddy the situation. Since this is about emotions, having respect for emotions and acknowledging them is first and foremost. After that I usually observe any thoughts on my part which are derived from queues, hints and nonverbal gestures and carefully examin as not to invalidate myself, especially through comparison. Adjust and repeat until any negativity inside disipates.

I don't give a flying fuck

awesome x

I try to smile and keep my mouth shut because I don’t want to insult their belief in their imaginary friend.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36262
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.