Agnostic.com

31 8

Why do people hide their feeling/emotion? How do you let emotion out?

If I like someone I will let them know. If I have a problem with you I tell you in a nice peaceful way. I can control my emotion and my words to a certain extent. Never understood why people who sad on the inside pretend to happy on outside. That not me. What ever emotion I feeling that the emotion I will choose to let out. If you like someone allowed yourself to feel right kind of emotion before it's too late.

Peacefulperson 6 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I let my emotions out with words. Used to use actions, get angry. Don't do that any more. Wasted time and energy.

It's about trust for many, and often ties in with insecurities of one sort or another, such as fear of rejection or invalidation.

I'm very open and always express my feelings. I don't believe this is always been a good thing. I think I could've developed some very special relationships if I just kept some of my thoughts to myself. I also think people don't express their emotions sometimes out of fear of rejection. I was that way when I was young. When I got older, I just don't care what people think. If I like you I'm going to tell you!

It’s kinda hard for men of my generation to show their feelings. We were still taught that the only acceptable emotions to express is happy or angry. And don’t be to happy. I’m getting better at showing my emotions but it’s not easy. I’m trying not to teach my son to be like that.

Certain emotions such as anger are difficult to control, and the loss of control may lead to behavior that is contray to our normal beliefs, compeling us to act irrationally, as in a fit of rage.

1. What is the state of mind of an angry person
  2. Why are some people more prone to anger
  3. What grounds anger

Aristotle though these categories apply to all emotions and that self control is a virtue which can be taught

cava Level 7 Mar 13, 2018

Showing feelings and emotions to others is revealing weaknesses. I'm an emotional person because I'm an empath. It's hard for me to shut my emotions off. I can hide them if I'm dealing with a person I don't know very well or I despise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.