Agnostic.com

64 7

Should churches be maid to pay taxes

If not why? We need more taxes for our country, good place to start

TonyCarl1 6 June 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

64 comments (51 - 64)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, they are already pushing political agendas.

BCDP Level 1 June 24, 2019

YES

They should be taxed unless proven it's for charity.
As far as I'm concerned they're all "holed-up" in there for mostly their own benefits. Look at the homes and cars they live in - sprawling estates, all in their own names! and some have private jets too! They stay in the most fancy hotels when on holiday etc all with tax tree collections. It's a huge "brainwashing" business focusing on god and faith when up to this day, there's no evidence for a god or gods.

If taxation without representation is tyranny, then representation (and influence) without taxation is churches. If they want to participate in the political influence game, then taxes are the price of admission.

Yes, YES, YES.

Not only should religion have to pay taxes,they should get audited and have to repay past taxes from hundreds of years.

Yes they should, People are using faith to drive illegal money activities

Hell yeah

Yes

Yes, churches should be paying taxes. The whole principle of tax-free nonprofit status is that they should be making a positive contribution to society, and most of them aren’t.
Not to mention, they can be considered “nonprofit” when they are paying multi-million dollar salaries.

Yes. The way I understand it is that they don't have taxation due to forfeiting their Constitutional right to representation. But since they are basically already running the show, "donating" (See: Buying) to politicians and political parties and being given special privileges, rights, and considerations for anything they do that crosses any lines, then they absolutely should be charged taxes equal to the influences they hold of the people's minds. I'm thinking 75% of all income seems fair.

It's a business. They go to a (bible) college to study and graduate to teach that subject. The teaching (an idea) however doesn't warrant any proof like archaeology, geology, evolution, sunken cities etc but they still get paid by a large amount churchgoers. Churchgoers who are duped by this "have faith story" and "heaven and hell".
The greatest scam on this planet!
Off course they must pay tax! How can any govt continue to allow tax-free status to such institutions. I agree they need to be audited. If no donations, charity etc then full tax must apply.

They should NEVER have been granted Tax Free status in the first place imho.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364813
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.