Agnostic.com

4 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Horrendous crimes against women can't understand why some do this . I am a big brother to three sisters goes against everything I believe women are a partner in love and life to be cherished not hurt . Violence is to protect them from those who would harm them not use on them . I never used violence against a woman in my life just goes beyond understanding my sons are the same way never harm a woman in our presence or violence against you will ensue

bobwjr Level 10 June 24, 2019

Rape and abuse are about power and control. Abusive men are mentally ill.

You cannot change him. The only person you can control and change is yourself. RUN!

@ToolGuy

Although I tried, the article triggered my PTSD.

My first husband, a doctor, was emotionally and sexually abusive.

i think, from personal experience, that one majorly overlooked question is, why do many abusers Only abuse that One partner, and are fine in other relationships? It happens a lot, much as out of 4 kids, one is abused, the rest are fine. I have seen No studies, or even questions, about this, ever...

That's pretty simple, really. Abusive men are a lethal combination of low level evolutionary development, paranoid and delusional thought processes and below average intelligence.

A more telling research project would answer why women pick and choose to stay with these knuckle dragging derelicts of evolution in the first place.

You think that only dumb, unsuccessful men are abusers? I would be ROFLMAO if that wasn't so far away from the truth....and believing that is a Huge part of the problem!
and all of us battered women Know that leaving is the absolutely most dangerous time...we told these researchers that for 20 years (after the Tracy Thurman case) and Then they came out and said the same thing....gee, thanks......

@AnneWimsey

Where did I use the word "unsuccessful" in my post? There are penty of financially successful knuckle draggers out there. Just look at Trump.

And my suggestion was to do a study on why women "pick and choose to stay with" men like this in the first place. I somewhat get the "choose to stay with" part. After all, the fear of being stalked and killed is a pretty good motivator to stick around (although a bullet in the dude's cranium would solve that problem real quick) It's the "pick in the first place" part which seems to me to be a neglected area of study.

I already have a pretty good idea of why this occurs (as ToolGuy and I went round and round about on another post), but it would be nice to see an actual study which tackles the issue head on rather than dancing around it like most current studies on the topic of abusive relationships do.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:364954
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.