Agnostic.com

6 0

Does any one here love evil and insanity?

I happen to love evil things as an artistic device. Throw in some insanity and it’s perfect art to me. For a nice example find an image of “ American McGee’s Cheshire Cat”. That thing is badass and I love it.

Also I’m wondering for you formerly religious people does seeing something “evil” still give you a moment (or more) of fear?

JacobMeyers 6 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I usually see that coming from the religious side of the fence . . . . generally speaking, agnostics and atheists seem to be more sane than most.

THHA Level 7 June 25, 2019

“Evil as an artistic device”.... that isn’t actually evil, it’s manufactured to fascinate and compel an audience, and make money from it. Real evil acts as perpetrated in real life by certain members of the human race, are chilling and repellent to all but those with a predisposition to evil themselves. Sometimes these people may also be mad....mad or bad, or a combination of both is not funny, quite the reverse.

What if I say love as an artistic device isn’t actually love but rather a manufactured product meant to make a profit for the artist? Does it really change anything for the beholder?

I remember having a discussion with a couple of religious people about "evil". I insisted that evil is an adjective that describes a person or act and cannot stand alone as a noun. They would not have it could, because it is in the bible. A bit like the "B" horror movie "and evil stalked the land that night"

Evil I see is in the white house and Republican party

bobwjr Level 10 June 25, 2019

Ahh yes bobwjr, but I don’t watch comedies and clowns give me the creeps anyway so I’m def not looking towards the White House. 😀

@JacobMeyers yeah trump is evil clown chuckles the pedophile clown

Absolutely not. What are you, nuts?

I was never a believer. At 13, I became an atheist.

I realized the Bible is just a book of stories written by men.

I was never a believer either. But still there was a time in my young life when I thought maybe evil and magic were could possibly be real. Not now of course. 😀

NO, I dislike evil people and fear insanity

I don’t think any one likes evil people, but that wasn’t the question. I think I get what your saying though. Don’t like the reality so you don’t want to see it in art?

@JacobMeyers How can an inanimate object be evil ?. It may depict an evil person or an evil act, that's all

No, lived with both for too long.

1of5 Level 8 June 25, 2019

You believe there’s an external force in the universe that could be named evil?

@JacobMeyers nope, just someone who was malevolent. I don't recommend it, ever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:365308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.