Agnostic.com

68 4

What type of death do you most fear?

Death by fire or death by drowning are my two biggest fears. Believe it or not being eaten alive is scary but not my #1fear. When I'm dead I want to be eaten. Give back something to the Earth for all I have taken.

paul1967 8 Sep 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not afraid of death , I fear living more than dying . I jumped in the mississippi river when I was younger , I was pretty drunk and the current was very strong . I remember going under 6 or 7 times and the last time i went under I was exhausted and knew it was going to die. Instead of panicing I felt a calmness come over me and In the instant I knew It was going to be ok . I had accepted my fate. Then I was pulled from the water and half pulled up onto a small boat By people that saw me jump in and they launched thier boat and pulled me out as I was was ready to sink and not come back up. Looking back on it now i feel like i was cheated in a way .

I plan my death to be quick, painless, and someone else's.

Getting thrown on the tracks and run over by a subway train. Now that I am no longer in NYC, it's no longer a fear.

Do not fear it at all. The human body will remove you from the extreme situation as it always does. A nasty death will put the brain into a state of shock and you will not be aware of the event itself. To conquer death all we have to do is die. That is a line from JC Superstar

EMC2 Level 8 Dec 21, 2018

@maturin1919 I do not know, we have never spoken to one who went through it. But yes I firmly believe the mind removes us from the trauma. Like with an accident you see about to happen to you. Time moves slow and the detail is incredible. If you had an arm severed you would be in shock and not feel the pain. Pain is felt by a brain that has the facility to do so. IN emergency or trauma, the brain takes energy away from all things that are not relevant to survival.

What death do I most fear? Maybe the painful one, but I admit I don't think about it very often.

1. Asphyxia (drowning, strangulation, suffocation, buried alive, any of them)
  2. Fire
  3. Torture
  4. Long-term illness
    5 Old age

Well, I am one not interested how anybody wants to die. Including my loved ones... It is personal you know? Maybe you don't know. I am one of those that talk about life... about living... about things to do while alive. I am not one of the dead so... not my lane.

Mouth of a shark......

Not something I think about too much and to be honest I'm not planning on thinking about it, enjoy your fear!

Fire and being eaten by an animal.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 25, 2018

Burning to death is actually pretty quick.
I witnessed 3 individuals burn to death while I was in Iraq and surprisingly there was no screaming
Come to find it out it's not the fire that kills you...it's your own body. When you start inhaling flames your body closes the airway in an effort to protect itself...so you don't burn to death... you suffocate...and plus you would be very surprised how much trauma the body can endure and you feel no pain because of shock.

Disclaimer: I've been dead 3 times in medical term for periods ranging from 3 to 8 minutes sand coma in one event for a duration of just over two weeks.

Most deaths are random and pointless in my experience. My worst fear to to die without fulfilling any degree of the promise my talents and hard won skills suggest. I'm not particularly thinking in terms of notoriety, of recognition, so much as enjoy however briefly the personal satisfaction in doing my personal best. It may well be, that for me to accomplish this is to set in motion a sequence of events that only come to fruition generations after any memory of my existence is gone. I can accept that too, but it would be pleasant to know.

I am happy to say that I don't give a second thought to how I die, except when I am taking a turn to hot on my bike,
Even then, I feel incredibly alive,
I guess the only death I fear is a wasting illness, but I have a contingency plan for that

None really; got to go some way; as far as I have heard - fire is smoke inhalation mostly so your lungs give out and apparently you go dreamy in the same way as when when drowning and your lungs fill up with water - (I do hate salt though)

A slow and painful one.

I fear falling to my death most.

After you drown you will be eaten but not eaten a live which I fear the most.

I don't know because I am told that drowning is quite pleasant and that being in a fire is pretty quick as you  lose consciousness I don't think we have any animals that eat us here - like bears or alligators unless they escape from the zoo. I think the worms eating me is good enough for me then it will go further up the food chain - something will eat the  worms- prefer to just go in my sleep really though!

I don't fear death... I just fear the way it might happen. Any slow painful death would really suck!

ebdb Level 7 Apr 6, 2018

Ive been living with death as a partner in life for quite a long time . I did tend to freak out at times, fearing the unknown inevitable stuff. We walk or run through life , generally careless about death, it would seem the older we get , that some of us start to fear what is obviously closer to us now , than has been for the earlier stages of our lives. At 17 Iwas wiped out in what was initially classed a fatal motorcycle accident, screwed me up for years, that life had almost ended and Iwas not even aware it had happened, until being all messed up in a hospital. In my 20's Itripped in a factory into a band saw, it was going to decapitate me , so Ipushed myself away from it , sawing a bit of my thumb off in the process << a large bit 😉 . In my 20's Iblew up my garage with me in it , trying one of my own experiments liberating Hydrogen gas<< It did it so fast it heated up and self combusted << very spectacular it wass to<< servere burns and a lot of laughing, ( Iwas young and foolish and it was funny it exploded too me ) . Then at 31 Iwas sitting on a combustible item << a Buses fuel tank, when it errupted, shattering my lower half an blowing bits out of me, that used to live on the inside , to the outside . My point being is this, when death comes , you won't see it or hear it , or know its there . To fear an obvious thing in life is not rational ? At death your brain will release a chemical to calm you down , to stop you suffering psychological trauma as you pass , so you pass peacefully. In drowing , you pass out fast without oxygen , the panic is pre acceptance of death , in a fire if the smoke does not kill you , breathing flames will stop your alvioli working, ( gaseous exchange ) and you'll pass out fast , and if your being burnt, ( I have experience in this twice ) your body releases chemicals to ease the pain. My view is not to fear death, but wait for it to come , to be able to walk on the final adventure into what thus far , is the unknown. I also feel , your character is tied to the physical body , a manisfestation of your consciouness and only required to carry this body through this existance and be able to commincate with others etc . Our thinking self apart from the physical self, Ifeel is what remains constant, not this perception of our temporary self, in the realm we are presently occupying 🙂. Love and peace too you all. Don't fear death or waste time thinking about it , when it comes, Idoubt you will even know its there . I will personally rise up and take it hand , what a relief that will be 🙂 . I lived my life , like a race horse with its blinkers off , for the first time in its life. I ran hard and Iran fast, However , this has turned me into a pack mule in old age 😀 carrying around the burden of all my injuries, Ive incurred from all of those falls Iendured in that great race ?? << yeah right , ermmm there never was a race or a rush, ( heheheheheh ) but hey Ilike to do things quickly << or rather Idid 😉. I am at dead slow to almost stopped here in life now and Ilove the lack of activity, or disasters that are likely to happen , now Ive stopped being an idiot 🙂. Don't worry about things that can kill you , think about all the things that can make you a better person or enjoy life more . Think Positive not death 😉

falling into a industrial size chipper shredder would not be fun

Any death that doesn't come when I am sleeping.

If anything, cerebral hemorrage simply because of the pure randomness of it.

I don't fear death but, the one that I find the least appealing is the common in this age, a death confined to a bed in an extended care centre with a failing body and a sharp mind. Give me a rock outside looking up at the stars on a clear winter night.

I do not fear death. I dislike pain. I hope to not die a long, painful, diseased struggle.

Duke Level 8 Dec 23, 2017

The only kind of death that I fear is the final one. Come to think of it, I don't fear death at all. I think it sucks because there is so much more to learn, to experience, to see, but I have no fear of it.

Oh, wait, that's not what you asked, is it? I think helpless lingering while my mind is still intact. That I think would bother me greatly.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:366
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.