Agnostic.com

5 1

Physics engine

My understanding of physics is pretty low but I'm curious.
Using the logic of engineering. In order to generate a change in a system you must have an input in order to create an output.
If we look at the big bang, more specifically the moments before the big bang (as in negative time). What input was required to separate the 4 fundamental forces of strong nuclear, weak nuclear, gravity and electromagnetic. I have a theory where if we assume the universe is a simulation (I know this isn't true) similar to a sandbox on a computer. The computer can generate/spawn anything into existence and it created the specified domain of the sandbox before the time that the sand box existed came into existence. This computer I would refer to as a physics engine in the real world. It can change the laws of physics within a specified domain. This is all theoretical as there is no evidence of it's existance.

• 5 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 1 vote
Lancer 7 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not mean enough to tell you that you are stupid, so you are just wrong. I subscribe to the theory of Branes and that the Big Bang was just the catalyst for change not the beginning.

Okay

[if we assume the universe is a simulation (I know this isn't true) ]
How do you know this isn't true?
Can you talk to the poster wondering if this is true, and tell him your reasoning.

Allan Level 5 Nov 13, 2017

I don't quite understand your comment. What is true is something which can be confirmed using logical evidence.

In the event that there is no evidence we have the Schrodinger's cat analogy where the statement is both true and false until prove otherwise. This theory is currently both true and false until we prove it otherwise. True is just a matter of perspective.

I believe that the universe is a recurring cycle which has no beginning and no end. Einstein said that the total amount of energy and matter in the universe is constant, although what form it takes (matter or energy) varies. the swirling physical chaos of the universe creates gasses, dust, asteroids, comets, planets, galaxies, etc. But, in the center of each galaxy is a black hole which will consume all of the matter in that galaxy, and eventually black holes will merge, until you have massive black holes so glutted with matter that they cannot contain it. Then we have a new big bang, and the cycle repeats.

That is actually false. As the universe expands, photons travelling across space also expand. Their wavelength increases however their velocity "c" remains constant. As velocity ☕ equals the product of frequency and wavelength, as the wavelength increases the frequency decreases. Therefore using E=hf for energy of a photon, we can prove that as time goes on photons become less energetic. At least following a logical method we can theories this.

I know it breaks the law of E=mc^2 but Einstein is the be all and end all of science. He may have been wrong. If we investigate it more we may find out much more with regards to the universe than we knew initially.

The laws of physics as we know them at the moment are quite possibly subject to change as is any other knowledge in science. As we understood the laws of physics pre Albert Einstein, were different to how we understand them now. The laws haven't changed just our knowledge of them, so as our knowledge and understanding increases so our knowledge and understanding of those laws that pertain to the big bang may change.

I agree. As the old saying goes. The more you come to know, the more you realise how much you don't know. My mum loved quoting that one.

It's not a "magical computer". The computer was an analogy. I'm just theorizing that if we get an output i.e. the big bang, then we must have needed an input to destabilize the 4 fundamental forces. If the logic of input -> process -> output is wrong then nothing in the universe would work.

I accidentally spelled existence wrong at the end.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3661
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.