Agnostic.com

10 7

What is your reactions to people touching or moving your personal belongings?

OCD is a serious condition, it affects people all in different ways. I honestly have panic attacks and anxiety when people move, misplace, and or touch my things in a negative way. The worst is my mom moves stuff and then forgets or purposely refuses to tell me where the item is. Are there other's like me who simply lose their minds when they are disrespected like this?

Ravenwolfcasey 7 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We all live together...too expensive to live alone..unfortunately

I don't hace OCD but there are two things I resent....deeply. A) Don't come to my place and tell me"" the couch will be better under the window"" and B) Don't tell me to be "diplomatic" with my words.

I am not OCD, but hae it when people move my stuff. I generally rmember where I put things, and it really makes me angry when someone moved something. The frustration level is elevated, because i am partially (legally) blind, and so chances are I wont' find something someone moved.

I'm not OCD, at least as far as I know. But it annoys the shit out of me when someone comes to my place and starts fucking with my shit. If you don't like it, gtfo, it's my place. I stopped inviting one friend in particular over because she insisted on changing the toilet paper so it was backwards, "Out of habit, because my cats attack it like this." Guess what, dickhead, i don't have cats and you need to hold it til you get to your own house now.

Orly Level 5 Nov 14, 2017

I hate it but not because of OCD, just because i don't want people i don't know touching my stuff

You can touch anything of mine as long as it isn't on my desk and you put it back when you are done with it. My desk because I already have problem with my filing why would anyone want to make it worse. Not putting something back where you found it is just plane rude especially if it is one of my tools.
I don't lose my mind but, I would be lying if I said it didn't piss me off.

I'm like that to a degree.
I can handle someone touching or moving my stuff, but not to the point of me not being able to find it.

I can relate to your feelings. I had the same problem with my partner constantly "tidying up" and then not knowing what she had done with things.

Uggg My mom moved a very expensive obeslisk..made out of jasper...she can't recall where she put it

I don't exactly have panic attacks , but I would prefer they didn't..
I think that you may want to read a book "Dont sweat the small stuff,
AND it's all small stuff"

I own all those books

If you know the person is OCD, then yes, it's disrespectful. If you don't know, it should be forgiven. I'm not OCD and hope I haven't caused any unnecessary anxieties by my careless actions.

My mom totally knows I have anxiety and OCD

@Ravenwolfcasey Yes, I don't have any advice for you in that regards. Does she live with you or just come over to move stuff around?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3662
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.