Agnostic.com

54 5

What's the best live performance you've ever seen?

What were some of the best live shows you've ever seen?

I think my favorites have been comedians. Though, I've never seen any of the super famous ones.

silvereyes 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw the musical Wicked performed by the Australian cast. Incredible.

Marz Level 7 Mar 13, 2018

I saw Birgitt Nielsen sing Brünnhilde at the Vienna State Opera in 1975. It was hair raising.

During Desert Storm we were along side the aircraft carrier the Indepence doing highline transfer. 5 Tom Cats one after the other took off the Independence flight deck. After that 3 Harrier lifted off and jetted away. The intense emotion that rushes through you is indescribable.

Every time my ex said "I love you". lying hag.

The group disturbed was brilliant

they are brilliant. I've seen them twice now

River dance, Janet Jackson, Celine Dion, Shakira, TLC, Gloria Estefan, Phantom of the Opera 5 times.
I can't decide what was my favorite.

Jon English, 1979. So much energy put into a provate performance.

Uriah Heep for $5 just a couple years ago - open seating. They came down into the crowd after the show and partied with people for a while. Second place Spirit - I worked security keeping people out until the promoters broke even - then we opened the doors to everyone. After the show, we went out to eat at the L&K Resturant (Now Bob's Big Boy I think) and sat next to the band for a late snack. Mr. Skin was very cool, both in song and in person

jeffy Level 7 Mar 13, 2018

AC/DC 2001 in Charlotte NC. Badass show!

I'm going to see the "Red Hot Chilli Pipers" at the Hershey Theater this Saturday. Looks like it my be a pretty good show. You can go wrong with bagpipes. 😀

@silvereyes did you notice it's "Pipers" not "Peppers? Everyone I tell about it they think I mean peppers. Lol

Foo Fighters several years back. Dave Grohl is an amazing performer and he did several encores for us. Every time he stepped off stage, a camera cut to the back area where he was drinking a beer and chilling with his bandmates and when the audience called for an encore, he came running. It was magnificent and I never wanted that night to end.

Lady Gaga

I haven't seen many major entertainers live, but I did see Jeff Dunham and he was rather good. (I know ventriloquists get a lot of criticism tossed at them, but funny is funny in my book, regardless of the delivery method, and I think he's quite humorous.)

Tori Amos is always awesome!

The best live performance I ever saw on as Paul McCartney in Pittsburgh. He did 22 Beatles songs. It was awesome!

Oh man, I wish I could say I'd seen more. Seeing Regina Spektor live about 10 years ago was awesome, though!

David Bowie in 1976 on his Station to Station tour. Never have I seen so much done with white light.

Ironically Faust

Can't decide between A Chorus Line, on Broadway, circa 1979, or Stomp at SMU in Dallas, TX circa 1999.

Me walking. James

Leon Level 5 Mar 14, 2018

Skrillex at Red Rocks. Dude melted my face all over my shirt.

June 1983 English Beat. I'm a huge ska fan and this was the tour to promote 'Special Beat Service'; one of my all-time favorite albums. The concert ended with the 2 saxophonists in a dueling solo. Amazing.

Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden all always put on an amazing live show

I've been involved in the Asheville Theatre scene for 15 years. It's rare for me to see a play which doesn't have at least one friend on the stage. I enjoy watching my friends do what they enjoy so much.

The best show I ever saw was one where I knew all 4 of the cast and forgot I was watching friends. It was amazing.

I've been to some big country concerts when I was younger, but the best one has to be when I was at geekonomicon 2015. Voltare was playing a small venue there. Honestly only like 30-ish people there. But I enjoyed it and He truly interacted with everyone as much as possible. There was one guy who collapse from what I'm guessing from lack of water. He stopped playing and got everyone to move away. It was cool how he did the correct things for the man. Afterwards when he woke up Voltare went beck to playing but not to the same type of music he was playing. He sat next to the guy and got everyone else to sit with him and played softer songs. It was a grand experience.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.