Agnostic.com

54 5

What's the best live performance you've ever seen?

What were some of the best live shows you've ever seen?

I think my favorites have been comedians. Though, I've never seen any of the super famous ones.

silvereyes 8 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dead, Dead and more Dead

Was back stage at a kiss concert, pretty funny, they were all dressed up eating a catered roast beef dinner and reading the wall street journal. Rock and roll. Sort of.

Well... the live performance where I had the most fun was Vicious Circle. They performed in the basement of a dive bar/hotel. They graciously took most of our requests while we moshed and slammed our way into the wee smalls.

Babyface , classic

I also wanted to say Bonzo dod Doo Dah band they were so funny and so packed - (no seats) that everybody sqyuished in could feel each others ribs going up and down and they were jsut crazy manic with so many effects and such rapid turnover your bodies ached ,when it came to an end, from laughing, Vivian Stanshall was a tue artist showman.

Some performances by the students at a local college, ie. lots of brass.

I've been to some big country concerts when I was younger, but the best one has to be when I was at geekonomicon 2015. Voltare was playing a small venue there. Honestly only like 30-ish people there. But I enjoyed it and He truly interacted with everyone as much as possible. There was one guy who collapse from what I'm guessing from lack of water. He stopped playing and got everyone to move away. It was cool how he did the correct things for the man. Afterwards when he woke up Voltare went beck to playing but not to the same type of music he was playing. He sat next to the guy and got everyone else to sit with him and played softer songs. It was a grand experience.

I've been involved in the Asheville Theatre scene for 15 years. It's rare for me to see a play which doesn't have at least one friend on the stage. I enjoy watching my friends do what they enjoy so much.

The best show I ever saw was one where I knew all 4 of the cast and forgot I was watching friends. It was amazing.

June 1983 English Beat. I'm a huge ska fan and this was the tour to promote 'Special Beat Service'; one of my all-time favorite albums. The concert ended with the 2 saxophonists in a dueling solo. Amazing.

David Bowie in 1976 on his Station to Station tour. Never have I seen so much done with white light.

Oh man, I wish I could say I'd seen more. Seeing Regina Spektor live about 10 years ago was awesome, though!

I haven't seen many major entertainers live, but I did see Jeff Dunham and he was rather good. (I know ventriloquists get a lot of criticism tossed at them, but funny is funny in my book, regardless of the delivery method, and I think he's quite humorous.)

Jon English, 1979. So much energy put into a provate performance.

River dance, Janet Jackson, Celine Dion, Shakira, TLC, Gloria Estefan, Phantom of the Opera 5 times.
I can't decide what was my favorite.

The group disturbed was brilliant

they are brilliant. I've seen them twice now

I saw Birgitt Nielsen sing Brünnhilde at the Vienna State Opera in 1975. It was hair raising.

I saw the musical Wicked performed by the Australian cast. Incredible.

Marz Level 7 Mar 13, 2018

Judy Garland, Hollywood Bowl, 1961.

Probably Metallica or Megadeth. Those shows are always superb.

Metallica, 1984 European Tour. Still have the ticket stub. There must have been less than 1000 people there.

Sinead O'Connor

Chicago.

The best for me was RUSH (Snakes and Arrows tour/ An Evening with RUSH).
Right up there was small venue Iron Maiden.

Back in the 80's I saw the Violent Femmes at the Bowery in OKC. It was after they put out their first album. A friend and I hung out with them a bit after and I met Gordon. I was hooked. They were excellent and I saw them many times after that.

I've seen U2 6 times! Fleetwood Mac twice . Loved Tina Turner, Cher, Elton John... love rock and roll...can you tell? Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.