Agnostic.com

115 11

With or without music during sex?

EmeraldJewel 7 Mar 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

115 comments (76 - 100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What? I'mbusy here

Whenever I have sex I always play the song "Alone Again, Naturally".

The right playlist at a reasonable volume can enhance intimacy or evoke intense passion depending on the mood. Music is very important part of my life but it is not always needed during sex. That being said, I should say I make a distinction between sex and love making. Sex is more focused on outcome, being more urgent and immediate while love making can ebb and flow as passions rise and fall changing over a time. In this circumstance musics ability to evoke emotional responses imbues intimacy with deep feelings and powerful memories from our past that can deeply enhanse and prolong the experience.

Music has the most powerful effect on nearly every part of the human brain than any other stimulation of our senses. It can be an intense facet of the experience or an unnoticed and etherial component but if it is a distraction for you or your partner don't use it. An example of it's power is evident in the documentary, Alive Inside.

I am a huge fan of jazz. It stimulates my mind to the max. So, not surprisingly, it can put me in the mood for sex... and it intensifies my feelings of pleasure. Please note..I am talking about real genres of jazz (avant-garde, cool, free improvisation, fusion, etc).....not that smooth jazz crap that has somehow gained popularity as the popularity of real jazz is waning. (If you need more evidence of god's nonexistence, there it is ! )

Without, I wish to hear the woodwinds fly away in my own mind. I want to hear the sexual sympony

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 14, 2018

You need music if you are using the rhythm method for birth control. Otherwise, it's optional.

I love sex and I love music, both are lovely and together is just fine.

Depends if we are talking long slow and lazy or swinging from the chandelier sex.

Kimba Level 7 Mar 14, 2018

Whoa! Hot topic! LOL! I say yes to music, but mostly as background noise. Believe it or not, Adam Ant has an album called "Wonderful" that's really nice. [en.wikipedia.org]

There's also a song of the same name.

Just so long as you don't have sex to THIS song! hahha

Paradise Lost's ONE SECOND! hahahahah

I'm immediately reminded of that scene in Terminator when the robot "visited" Sarah's roommate and her boyfriend. It may have affected my choice to avoid music or just earbuds.

I think that you will have greater success with a tens machine but everyone wishes to talk about aural experience:

No music these days.

Before we had kids,my ex and I would sometimes light candles, give each other massages with scented oil beforehand and play Enigma during sex. Those nights were really nice.

Music on the low volume lol

Music smusio it is beening without sex that I care about.

I can go either way.

Isn't that what the priest said to the altar boy?

Depends on the mood

I Like to Move It
Song by Reel 2 Real does the business.. lool!

Sometimes without music it's awkward. Music will put you in a state of hypnosis. A sort of trance. That's why shamans will use it in ritual. It takes you out of your head, and it puts you in the moment.

The best way to be wearing headphones listening to the exact same music while having sex. Anything by Metallica sets a nice romantic mood.

NIN, Phutureprimitive, Pink Floyd, PANTyRAiD - Brooklyn Angel << With These.

I am fine either way.

Smmoooth jazz or R&B down low. As long as it's not Barry White.

None for me.

Thought for sure some Chopin would be in your dossier.

Without. I don't want anything distracing my attention.

A helpful hint: if you're in a hotel room and don't want anyone listening, just turn on the shower. That will drown everything out.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:36726
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.