Agnostic.com

29 6

How does having power change a person? Does it corrupt?

On one hand, I think having your needs met-- having money and means-- can make a person more altruistic. Because they don't want for anything.

Then again, we look at our politicians and those in power and they claw their way into their positions. I don't see them as trustworthy.

What do you think?

silvereyes 8 Mar 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I was recently put into a position where I felt the best solution for a situation was for me to step down from a position on the board of an organization.

The president of the board was insecure and anxiety ridden, and wasn't able to allow anyone to do anything, without her permission. I'm an intelligent, capable adult, and I can't function being micro-managed. To reduce my own anxiety and stress levels, I walked away. They organization can sink or swim without me.

A billioniar that needs another one,I cannot understand people who have everything they could possibly want wanting just more money. They can't take it with them and leaving it to someone often just makes them a terrible person.

It deffinatly can for sure. some people think being richer makes them better people which is bullfuckingshit

Power is an enabler much like, money, knowledge, sexual attractiveness, fitness and health it can be used as leverage or bargainin chips. Opportunities and possibilities open with aggrandizement of any kind. Change is inevitable in that sense.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37070
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.