Agnostic.com

7 6

Agriculture Dept. Suspends Crucial Tracking of Plunging Bee Populations.

This infuriates me.

VOTE REPUBLICANS OUT OF OFFICE!

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Trump administration is deliberately attempting to destroy the Department of Agriculture, since the research they conduct accepts the reality of climate change and creates plans to help farmers deal with it. Rachel Maddow reported the administration recently required all employees of the Department of Agriculture to move to Kansas City in 30 days, or resign.

Spray is to the left of me and spray is to the right...very few bees or lightning bugs.

Honey bees started to reappear around here a few years ago. Then, they mysteriously disappeared. I think it may have something to do with the 'Roundup' brand weed-killer they use in these parts.

@davknight

You're right. Roundup has been banned in most European countries.

The current US Administration’s ignorance of the science of the ecosystem is frightening. Whether it will be reversible after they are out of office ( I would add, pray God if I was a believer!), is debatable. When species like bees become extinct we are doomed to extinction too.

@Marionville

Exactly.

The article cites the USDA having to pay farmer subsidies in response to the trade war as a contributing budget constraint.

Zster Level 8 July 8, 2019

There really is no polite words for this administration and there narrow mindness

Maybe this is the orange one's way of paying for his wall and parade.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.