Agnostic.com

12 8

Man drowns in Wenatchee River attempting to rescue pet pig.

Last year, all of the people who drowned in the Wenatchee River were not wearing a life jacket, the Chelan County sheriff said.

Rafting, inner tubing, canoeing, kayaking: Wenatchee River is extremely fast and cold.

This is a case in point.

[ncwlife.com]

LiterateHiker 9 July 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That’s so sad.
It doesn’t matter what type of animal it is. If you care about it and don’t want it to suffer, that’s all that matters.
He had a good heart.

nice to see a good news story: the pig survived.

His son is traumatized for life after seeing his father drown.

Why the hell didn't they wear life jackets?

Over 30 people drown annually in the Wenatchee River because they did not wear life jackets. Each person had family members who are grieving.

I grew up on a lake in Michigan. My parents made everyone wear a life jacket.

Personally, my swimming capabilities mimick that of a rock,,so i always wear mine or have one within arms reach,,do not want to become a statistic in this manner

These comments are awful. Someone died and you joke about it?! Not cool. The way I see it is that this man loved his pet so much he was willing to do something crazy to protect it. I’m exactly the same way and don’t apologize for being so.

In fact, he loved that animal so much that he placed it insecurely in a flotation tube and put it in a cold, fast-flowing river.

@Gareth I do believe his son did that ... and it was a stupid thing to bring a pet along. But I still don’t believe we should be laughing that he died. Get a conscience.

@Apunzelle What on earth is in my post that merited your abuse?

@Gareth I meant that for anyone who is writing these awful comments. I should have written that differently.

I noticed that the autopsy specified "fresh water drowning." Does saltwater drown you differently? I understand why the state might want to keep track of statistics of location of drowning deaths, but this seems an oddly specific way of phrasing that.

Buoyancy is a big factor when it comes to drowning. In fact, it's really the only factor, so the risks of salt and fresh water are different and I guess they want to be able to view them separately.

None of us know what we would do in a split second, until it's done and if we are lucky, no harm will come out of it......

That's taking the love for bacon to another level !!!

River takes care of some of the dumb asses in washington???

I live in the same area. A few years ago my mom was in the ER at this time of year. The doctor came in to her room, and while he was talking to us a nurse ran in and said someone just dived into the river and broke their neck, etc. The doctor just nodded with an expression that said, "That's about right."

I wouldnt touch this

Died of stupidity

bobwjr Level 10 July 8, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:371263
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.