Agnostic.com

45 11

I have learned that rejection is just another lesson in life. I never doubt myself. How have you been rejected ? The pain is only temporary.

Wildgreens 8 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Actually, I am single a little over a year for the first time in my adult life.

It is not a bad experience, really.

Coming home and suggesting feed plans without going through six ick faces.

Those clothes were CLEAN! What are you doing?!

Why were they on the floor?

And then there is the look.

By every other student (save one) in my classes, K-6

By every student in the school grade 7.

By most students in the schools grades 8-12.

By most other students in colleges.

By strangers in public.

I'm done with people. Period.

I don't really recall any time in which I've been rejected. I'm sure there must have been times when I have been rejected. I guess the key thing for me is that if there were rejections I did not make them big things, therefore they did not bother me or cause me any grief.

I am the antithesis of you. Rejection is a lesson in life, therefore I doubt myself and am my own worst critic. Thank goodness I finally found my best counselor ever again and I have an appointment next week. This pain seems permanent.

P.S. I have Compound PTSD, and every one of my buttons has been pushed. I am not suicidal, but just wish I would die.

JK666 Level 7 Mar 15, 2018

I think everyone has faced rejection at one time or another. You may start talking to someone here on Messenger and/or on the phone and you never talk to them again. Or you meet someone through on-line dating and they cancel your second date. All we can do is go with the flow. LOL.

Professional rejection has always hurt worse than personal rejection.

The last two men I met pretty much rejected me via ghosting and I was a little relieved. Both of them let me know in direct and indirect ways that I was not measuring up and I still tried to make the magic happen somehow. Go figure.

It amazes me when people insist on being with someone who obviously doesn't want to be with them and I still fell into that psychological mindset. It's not something I am typically prone to doing. It made me ask myself why this sea-change was happening and it served as a much-needed kick in the ass to get my shit together.

If I wasn’t chosen for REJECTION, I’d prolly not be chosen at all!

Ungod Level 6 Mar 15, 2018

Yes, rejection is just another lesson to learn. And the pain is part of the lesson

But if you never doubt yourself, you are missing out on learning that lesson....

marga Level 7 Mar 15, 2018

Sometimes, the pain lasts forty years or longer. Live and learn.

I never take rejection personality,never have, except on the few occasions that I though I had a real connection only to find that it was an Illusion.In which case I just licked my wounds and moved on, I am abstract in my humor difficult to understand. and to put things in context Folks fear what they don't understand and they hate what they fear. that being said I am no stranger to rejection.

Rejection always open the opportuny for somebody more worthy of you to Steal you away. Sometimes me being the "headgames mean fucker" I am. In a dance venue after observing my "target" I approach her just to talk... I can tell the type that won't talk to you unless you can dance... so she had not see me dance and rejects talking to me. So I go and pick best of the best to dance with. Suddenly the attitude changes on her so do mine. No Longer Interested talking to her or dancing with her even when asked. My Headgame. All in this Life should be Temporary... you control the pain! ....or better yet... Suffer None!

When I was 20, I dated a girl who taught me there are a lot of things worse than rejection. I never had any fear of rejection after that disastrous 3 week relationship.

BD66 Level 8 Mar 15, 2018

I was rejected by my ex-wife. I did everything I could but nothing was ever good enough. In the end I called for the divorce, not because I wanted it, but because I knew she wanted it. I knew it was the only way she was ever going to be happy and work on herself. So I gave I up everything for her.

I've been pushed around and made fun of all my life. Was bullied a lot as a kid and didn't have many friends at all. So there's that also.

Well, at various times I’ve been rejected as an employee, as a wife, as a sister, as a daughter and as a friend. Just the other day I was rejected as a woman (that’s still fresh and raw). Those who didn’t reject me love me very much, so that helps.
It’s tough, but either I give up, or I keep going. Some days I collapse in tears, but that doesn’t help, so I just do my best to keep going.

miffy Level 5 Mar 15, 2018

It's a deep pain, and doesn't feel temporary when you're in it, but you're right. Lessons abound in this life.

Many rejections...still waiting to be embraced.

Many times...just keep going,move on...next...

When I was younger I took rejection a lot harder than I did as I got older and came to realize that it was for the most part just the bruising of my ego.
I would not compare what I have gone through with a child being rejected by a parent or other caregiver which is something that can leave deep slow to heal scars on the psychy of the child.

The Buddha taught that while we wish to be rid of suffering, that suffering also guides and motivates us. The way to truly be rid of it is to seek being rid of all attachment.

It's a wise course. All you can really control is the way you see the world and the way you behave. When you actually change your mind it changes everything.

I think I would be grateful for the rejection as long as it was done in a decent way. No games or insults. Reason being if the other person is rejecting you theta re rejecting a relationship. Which means there's somethong that hasn't clicked woth them. Why not walk away and learn from it versus getting upset? Maybe they can't handle someone too ongoing or the way you slurpnypu r soda. Lol. Either way and no matter the reason the relationship whether friendly or romantic is doomed. Let it go. There's billions of people in the world, just as one is bound to be rejected at some point, they are also bound to find someone worth their time.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.