Agnostic.com

26 1

Which way do you lean politically and why?

I find myself in a state of considerable political confusion. In a UK context, I don't know what to think about Brexit, and I think the Tories are mismanaging the situation a little, although I know how difficult negotiations are. On the other hand, while in normal circumstances I might lean a bit towards Labour or the Liberal Democrats, the latter is now irrelevant and the former's most recent manifesto revealed glaring problems with their understanding of economics; not to mention the fact that the Shadow Cabinet is full of incompetents. So, I just don't know which way to vote when the time comes.

Fortunately, both parties ostensibly support the NHS, freedom of choice and religion, and the freedom of the press, so that's not my main concern. Has anyone else, in the UK or otherwise, had similar trouble aligning with any of the political parties of their countries?

• 22 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 30 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 0 votes
JosephHarrison 7 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments (26 - 26)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm far on the fiscally conservative side and just as far on the socially liberal side. Basically do what you want so long as you don't force me to pay for you doing it through the government and taxes or infringe on others' freedoms while doing so. It's basically the non-aggression principle. I'm no fan of word-thinking (labels), but if you want to know the word that best describes my position, it's anarchocapitalist.

Given that, it's probably no surprise that I think an unelected all-powerful governmental body like the European Commission is a bad thing, and therefore getting out of the EU is a good thing. Also, maybe you can take a leaf from the American Revolution's book and go all "no taxation without representation" on the Brussels bureaucracy that only has a parliament to provide the illusion of control to its subjects.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37415
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.