Agnostic.com

74 14

Ever found love and got into a relationship with someone they met on agnostic?

If so, was long distance involved and how did you overcome this? How long did the relationship last or has lasted to date?.... and anyone planning to get married to someone they met from here?

Hazydays 7 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

74 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought I'd made a friend once and we were supposed to meet for a beer but she bailed on me at the last minute then quit the site altogether and has never been back.

I got a way with the ladies.

Yes I have. We just started talking back in May of 2018. We loved the conversations so we moved to Facebook then started talking via Facetime. I live in California and he in England. After several months, I flew over to meet him. We hit it off!! I spent a week with him. We are still communicating almost daily. He wants to come here to visit me. We want to be together so hopefully we will be!!! I don't date anyone else and neither does he. We both get butterflies when we talk. It's great!!

So happy for both of you....true love is butterflies dancing on our bellies

I've met 2 members, but neither of them because of this site.

"Distance doesn't matter when it comes to love," a 41-year-old guy in Iowa wrote to me on Agnostic.com yesterday. 25 years younger! I sent the usual reply:

"What your plan? You will fly to Wenatchee, WA every two weeks so we can get to know each other?"

crickets

Most younger people expect to spend time on social media " getting to know each other" now a days.

Got a great laugh here: guy writes yes he found a long distance relationship BUT THE RESTRAINING ORDER MAKES IT HARD.....wit from abuser rehab

Why ask if you are only here for community?

Because my availability has nothing to do with my curiosity.

@Hazydays fair enough....that's what makes us such a great community....Einstein praised curiosity above all else insisting upon the value of ZERO for any alleged gawd in physical equations

@Larry68Feminist , I always thought he used a ?

@Boudica Einstein always condemned "personal" gawd claims and observed natural law without "miracle" exceptions....thus the zero value to alleged deities

I am here to make friends and chat about humanest people

lost Level 4 Dec 5, 2019

I've dated several men I've met on here. With the exception of one weirdo who shall remain nameless...lol...I've had pretty good luck! No great love matches, alas.... But I still visit with the others from time to time. It's always good to make new buddies without the religious b.s. attached.
I do want to fall in love, but I'm not wasting away without it....

I met a friend here and through that friend, I met my current bf... Moved to NYC to be with him.. Have a three month baby girl now.... Is about 150 miles long distance? I still have my house though..

That's awesome.

That sounds really lovely. I hope it continues to work out for you. I think it's a great idea to keep the house. When we know the door isn't locked we feel more comfortable in staying.

Yes
Distance isn’t a big deal
I don’t plan on marrying anyone ever
I find it an outdated tradition that isn’t necessary

Wanted to, but they lived 3+ hours away and I presently have no vehicle... she was nice and real smart, too.... oh well, snooze I loose....

Great series of questions. No, personally but it would make sense that it could occur on a site like this. Now, I have never been on a dating site, attended a match maker event or believe in them. BUT, if I were interested I would look here. Pretty thoughful and cool people here.

As far as long distance relationships, it all depends on the goals of the 2 involved. I think it can work.

Nope … I just realised that my profile usually only attracts old codgers like myself

And the problem with old codgers is?

@Mooolah I have to live with one 24/7 … Sometimes I refuse to shave him.

No, but neither looking not opposed to it.

I enjoy a good friendship

Never say never. It can happen. Rare, perhaps, but you never know where or when you’ll just click and have that connection with someone. Stay open, alert and optimistic my friends.

My philosophy exactly!

I met someone on here, that I had actually met on another site, and we met for a hike then. We match up in many ways - but still something not quite right. I gave it a second chance, but the disconnect remains.

Oh well ...

@Larry101 Well - being as we're actually in the same state - ya never know - right ?

I swear this is my life story!

Met and enjoyed interacting with 2 ladies
and in both cases they chose to deepen
other relationships.This site is but a small
(reliable/honest) componate of being single.
Compatibility & comfort scale is a large variable to narrow the search. Having fun
and growing(personal) allows for "not barking up the wrong tree" so to speak. Thanks😁

BBJong Level 7 July 17, 2019

I haven't. To be honest, I have so little luck on sites intended for dating that I have reason to doubt I'll ever find someone. Since this site is mostly a ghost town in my area on top of that, it just doesn't seem very likely. Maybe someday somebody will prove me wrong...

There are many Atheist women from Iowa City to West Des Moines but being great Feminist Atheists they have their pick of Chippendales and leave us linebackers lonely

Can you handle some constructive criticism???? After reading your post, I think you should try a makeover. Go to a metro area and get a new cool hairstyle...something really hip and edgy. Get a new sexy wardrobe like some cool skinny Jean's and leather jacket or something like that. You look super conservative! I already know you have a cool mind cuz ur on this site!! Very good!!
Go to a professional photographer after getting your makeover and then hit the web. You're young and can get a great partner but be on the creative side and see what happens..you may have to move to a more happening city but it may be worth it!! Just sayin......
Don't take offense...trying to help is all. 😊👍

My closest town has about 2,000 or less people and I meet people from 15 minutes away. I've been married almost 30 yrs. My best advice for getting a woman attracted to you is " make her laugh". Try a " knock- knock joke.

Here is what I found. Since I have no photos of me anywhere on the internet I have had 1 asshole that went searching for me on FB, Twitter etc. He was reported & blocked. Another I got rid of when I refused to send a photo. Their are bad ones lurking around, even on Agnostic. so be careful, suspicious & savvy. The good ones are gay, taken, into poly, are proud of their obesity, or dead. Just like the real world. Cynical? You betcha.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people make this exact assumption about me. It's not true, but the truth seems to be irrelevant when people don't take the time to look for it.

What do you have against the poly community and people with a positive body image? I can just imagine the backlash if I had said something similar about obese women or those that want to be monogamous. It's fine if thats not for you, but try not to sound so judgemental.

@Brian81 I am very judgemental. Obesity is not positive. It is gluttony. It is unhealthy, placing a major burden on our health system with dysfunctions that can be avoided via proper diet. Nothing against the poly community but she is not interested in that lifestyle. I was responding to her inquiry. Obese women are just as poorly informed concerning health as obese men.

I am none of those things and I am on here and Match, so you're justly cynical, but you are not completely right about all men. Since you have no pics of yourself and only have them of your cats, plus you don't give your real age, I can't say whether we might be compatible if we lived near each other. Best wishes...

Can't possibly understand why you are still single 👀

@Kitz
Hahahaha
Well said

@Kitz What makes you think I am single?

i totaly agree with you i find them all over even in the many churches i have visited trying to find answers

@Mooolah it’s the way you tell ‘em 😂

@lost We women are hunted....constantly.

Only met one female from this site, as company for a trip to france to drop my son with the ex. Bipolar and off her meds and an alcoholic. And of course we couldn't get passed the duty frees without her grabbing a big bottle of spirit. By the time we reached the M25 she had got real aggressive and abusive, then tried to exit the car at close to 100mph. Wanted rid ASAP, hence the speed. Next service station I let her out to go ranting around and left her there. Got message next day that she got arrested for being drunk, and probably abusive.
This is the thing you need to remember when traveling with a pirate, if you fall behind you get left behind. 😉

Savage Level 7 July 17, 2019

i have been there and many times i was tempted to kick her out of the car in the middle of nowhere but had second thoughts we both were drinking at the time and she took me as her hostage

I've virtually met many cool folks on here through the messaging system. Fallen love, I haven't.

ballou Level 8 July 17, 2019

Not looking for a romance but I've made a few friends that I chat with if that counts.

I did. Didn't join to find someone, but 15 minutes away there was a beauty who chose to keep me.

Wow. You are an exception. There is hope for those seeking.

I met my current bf not on agnostic but through a friend on agnostic.. it's gonna be a long term relationship since we now have a newborn baby girl...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:374922
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.