Agnostic.com

8 4

LINK Crowd chants 'send her back' as Trump escalates attacks on Ilhan Omar and 'The Squad' - CNNPolitics

Still don't think he sounds like he's leading a Nazi rally?

Greenville, North Carolina (CNN)President Donald Trump on Wednesday intensified his attacks on four progressive Democratic congresswomen, painting them as the face of the Democratic Party -- as a fevered crowd chanted "Send her back!" about an American congresswoman of color.

Trump spent a significant portion of the rally railing against the group, known as "The Squad" on Capitol Hill, individually by name. That line of attack has become a strategy he and aides believe will cast the Democratic Party as a far left, radical group.

The attacks began on Sunday when the President told the four minority lawmakers to "go back" to their "crime infested" countries. Three of the four women were born in the US and the other is a naturalized citizen.
At a wide-ranging, 90-minute campaign rally, Trump attacked Rep. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, who he referred to as "Cortez," because "I don't have time to go with three different names."
Though he's known to go off script, Trump read from a teleprompter as he went on a screed against the four Democratic congresswomen with whom he's brawled for four days.
As the President castigated Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar with a litany of accusations, the crowd chanted, "Send her back!" The progressive lawmaker was born in Somalia but came to the US as a refugee in 2000 and became an American citizen when she was 17, according to the New York Times.
Omar responded in a tweet Wednesday evening, quoting poet Maya Angelou.
"You may shoot me with your words, You may cut me with your eyes, You may kill me with your hatefulness, But still, like air, I'll rise," she wrote.

jerry99 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would really like to know if there were plants in the crowd to start the chant.

Ignore, ignore, ignore.

I have an idea! Let's send his wife back. And McConnells wife back. And their children back. Fair is fair.

There is no getting thru to his base, best to not take the bait and continue pointing out the truth, the facts and get out and vote.

He is the lowest of the low -white trash -xenophobic and racism out in the open! He has united the Democratic party which is a good thing!

Really? I hope you're right, but I'm not so sure. I wonder what the Bernie Bros and other "progressives" will do if Biden gets the nomination?

From what I understand of this, it is not a gaff. It is calculated and deliberate. Trump's thinking goes like this. If he concentrates on his core support, then it will force the Democrats to do the same. In that event, he is a favorite to win. What the opposition needs to do, is not to be baited and to chose a MOR candidate.

I agree...he’s looking for a backlash.

AS I heard it, Trump really liked reading about Adolf . . .

THHA Level 7 July 18, 2019

Obviously I hate the racism. Even more I hate that it's now obviously normalized for the Republican party. The message here is, "It's okay to be a racist, the president's a racist!"

The idea that the leader of our nation should embody our best principles is something that even GW Bush paid lip service to, even as his lackeys (may Karl Rove and Dick Cheney burn in a fire of their own corpulent flesh, should there actually be a hell for liars) smeared his opponents and spread falsehoods every chance they got. But this one actually dares his followers to see how revolting they can be; to see how many people they can hate and how loudly they can do it.

And I wonder daily if our democracy (small 'd'😉 will recover from this.

Don't forget donald rumsfeld.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:375593
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.