Agnostic.com

26 25

I look forward to my next blessing

If blessings came in the form of dollars, I would be rich. I am constantly being blessed here in Okahoma.

I went to the grocery store today. The girl said "have a blessed day" as I was leaving.

I say "oh, I will have the best day. You too."

XD

Ah, the taste of sacrasm it is so sweet. The look of surpise and confusion is the icing on the cake. And, I do look forward to having more best days

silvereyes 8 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The lawd has best you, my dear.

Just be careful, if they bless your heart too much it can lead to cardiovascular problems.

Well, the cure is penance. Drink 4 shots of tequila and do 3 hail satans

Oh, and dance. It offends someone somewhere! (baptists mostly)

Cardiovascular problems? Keep in mind that congenital heart disease is caused by playing with yourself.

Ugh. Fucking Oklahoma. I hate it when they strike up a conversation and make statements indicating that they assume you believe in their sky daddy and his zombie son.

@atheist Which part? 😀

@atheist The corn is as high as an elephant's eye.

"Sky daddy and his zombie son", I love it. Thanks!!!

@MacTavish The zombie son is the bit that kills me! lmao 😛

This does not happen in New England - I think you need to move North? (OMG).

(Also apparently this does happen in New England - just not to me).

yeah I was thinking get out of OK

@AmiSue Really? OMG....

@AmiSue RU near a military base by chance? That would explain the imported folk.

@AmiSue No clue? I'm grateful I live in an area where the religious folk don't harm my calm.

I just spent a fair amount of time discussing this with a Chinese international student. She was confused why people keep trying to pray with her. I told her that they are trying to convert her into believing in God.

She said, "I will tell them, I do believe in God. Me."

I might be moving to China.

I know most people are not old enough to remember the "Carry on" team, but here is one from one of their movies,

*The Khasi of Kalabar😘 May the benevolence of the god Shivoo bring blessings on your house.

*Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond😘 And on yours.

*The Khasi of Kalabar😘 And may his wisdom bring success in all your undertakings.

*Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond😘 And in yours.

*The Khasi of Kalabar😘 And may his radiance light up your life.

*Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond😘 And up yours.

That is so good. Love it. Thanks for the giggle 😀

Be very leary if a southern woman tells you ''well bless your pea-picking heart''.. That's their way of saying ''damn,, you really are special'' and by special, i mean coo coo..... And chances are, they're the one that's not the sharpest knife in the drawer... oh the irony.. And i'm not picking on southeners per se, I was born, raised and continue to live in the south.

It is funny. Bless her Heart is usually attached to something terrible. For example. "She is such a whore. Bless her heart". I grew up with that BS nonsense.

Ok here's your blessing..ahem Dominidominidomini..you're Catlic..enjoy!..lol

Love it! I will have to try saying that next time I am “blessed”!

Lol good one! They blurt that out here in Texas, too. Almost nonstop. Ugh it’s so nauseating... (pukes a little)

I get this at the supermarket checkout, and occasionally by tradespeople at the house.

I honestly feel icky when a plumber has finished doing work, I've signed a check, received a receipt, and then told to, "Have a blessed day."

miffy Level 5 Mar 15, 2018

Does the term blessed means that you acknowledge God? Or is it just another way to say have a good day?

gater Level 7 Mar 15, 2018

@silvereyes No, it isn't just a simple substitution for "good." It is definitely religious. It pertains to implications of their god blessing you or the day or both. To me, it's just another form of vanity, like praying in public or proclaiming they'll pray.

I was starting to get that at my food bank-located at a church. It has closed and I am now food shopping at a local superrmarket

@silvereyes lol

@silvereyes I wouldn't get frustrated, Many still believe in God and all that goes with it. Feel good in the knowledge that you've "risen above" - lol sorry, couldn't help myself.

Silvereyes: that is too funny!! I'll have to remember that because people say that to me pretty often. I'll remember to say "well you have a best day yourself!!...never a worst one"... so far I've only came up with "thanks, you too"

I always interpret it to mean the same thing as "have a nice day." Sure, it is framed in words that come from their religious perspective, but so is everything else they do. I don't understand why people are so easily offended. When we wish them "happy holidays," the shoe is on the other foot. Why are we, inclusive of the religious and non-religious, offended when people wish us well?

For clarity, the humor of your reply is not lost on me. 😀

I know what you mean, hence why I have coached myself to try to see the good in it. I didn't say it was easy. 🙂

Thinking of something to say, have to go get the kids for schol. Put this here so I won't forge to came back and coment.

@silvereyes When I was much younger was an HVAC installer. I was working with this guy. He had taken the fuse out of an A/C unit on the roof of this building, in an attempt to try and problem solve. He replaced the fuse with a piece of copper pipe. Well needless to say the fuse box started to smoke. He took a screwdriver and attempted to remove the copper pipe. Well this was on a 220 electric line. I had seen his boots leave the roof like superman would would fly. The jolt threw him to the edge of the building just inches from the edge. When I got to him his hair was like Kramer from Seinfeld. Glad to see he was still alive. He had said Jesus does exist. I said did you see him while you were flying. We had a good laugh. We never did tell the boss about that.

I wonder if one should buffalo those silly Okies SE. See any lately? As the buffalo roam, isn't that the home of the Stepford Wives too? 🙂

jeffy Level 7 Mar 15, 2018

A month ago some guy told me, "god bless." I was at work. I said, "Thank you."

OOOOOOOOOOOOk-lahoma, where the wind goes sailing through the braaaaiiiins!

Try saying "Well, somebody said that to me yesterday, and it turned out to be a bloody awful day" just to see their reaction.....

Living amongst believers kinda sucks at times. still learning to coexist, myself.

Reminds me of invasion of the body snatchers; that screeching and that look of alarm

I was working for the local baseball organiztion, and they have a Faith Based Day that is run by the Creation Museum. That was a bad day to sneeze at the ballpark. Or answer questions. Or even be there. SO many damn blessings and prayers sent my way. It may have bothered me most since I had to stay and listen to the testimonials and crappy christian band before they all left, but it was 6 to 7 hours of being blessed in one way or another

I love that and will use it in the future.

Nice reply. I'll have to try that out the next time I'm blessed. Since I'm here in rural Kentucky, that shouldn't be long.

Bless you lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37651
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.