Agnostic.com

54 5

Where do you all work at? I work at USPS as a clerk.

snifflz 7 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dude! You have my utmost sympathies. As a retired mail carrier of 23 years I say Hang In There! It's worth it. I heard Mitch McConnel reply to a constituant who complained he did not have the benefits of working for the federal government like the seator did. McConnel replied "So get a job with the federal government." I did. Take advantage of all of the perks. Many many perks.

I work for a Telecom company that is in contract with Bell to install the infratructure and fiber optics networks throughout the province. My city and Toronto are their two main cities outside of Quebec that they are working on with other places spread out. I mainly do the restorative landscaping (repair all the fucked up lawns from the drilling and daylighting) and daylighting (machine digging the check and connection pits) for now.

They treat good workers pretty good and will give you out of town work if they like you. The closing weeks before winter shut down and the starting weeks in spring would have me being sent out of town sometimes which is great because of out of town pay. Gotta love all that extra untaxed money.

They are actually pretty good in terms of being a meritocracy. They have gotten fed up with bullshitters and just let peoples work ethic and skills speak for themselves. I pretty much got to where I am for just being a good and diligent worker that doesn't pull any weasely crap.

I work for my local council in the UK. I work with adults with learning and/or physically disabilities, autism, mental health concerns etc in employment support, so trying to find them work, keep them in work or to access work related activties. The job also includes accessing appropriate benefits for them as earning a living wage can be very difficult.

I'm retarded. Erm, I mean retired.

OK, I know where it came from.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:37840
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.