Agnostic.com

27 3

Is humanity in the decline?

I know that past generations are different to the future ones. Human beings have made significant technological advances, social changes and cultural exchanges throughout history. However these were not done by all. Humanity today is the result of a handful of people who were explorers, people who wanted to not just go forth into the world but to understand and change it. To make the world a better place for all. Humanity was a brave few people working to advance the species, pulling or pushing the majority along toward a new horizion.

But I feel as if our ancestors may be disappointed with us. This generation is still making progress but it seems as though it's slowing down. So many people are more concerned about petty things like political opinions, celebritiy opinions, etc.

When I was younger I wanted to be a scientist. Because scientists are constantly pushing the boundary of human knowledge. Trying to learn more and explore. I still feel this way but I don't understand why some people prefer to tear down monuments, burn buildings and stop others from working to create a better world.

Is it just me or do other people feel as though humanity's progress has slowed recently? People have changed significantly, we have become less mature over time, we concern ourselves with the smallest of things; hate crime is an example. Why can't people toughen their minds and hearts to learn to live in an imperfect world so they can better prepare it for the next generation?

• 29 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 22 votes
Lancer 7 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe that when we get to the precipice and we have no other recourse we will achieve our greatness!

Since the the very beginning. 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38191
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.