Agnostic.com

6 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The message is clear: dare to criticize or even just disagree with him and he'll do everything he can to destroy your career, your reputation, your business, your family, everything! And he'll never forget even the slightest thing.
Idiots who gave him this much power should be deeply ashamed!

wow, that's bad. the sociopaths have free rein under the sociopath running the country.
i can just picture this courageous 200 pound CPO stabbing to death a 130 pound teenager. a real hero.
there has never been a country in history ruled by a govt so morally bankrupt.

This was true under George W Bush too.

I do not believe that such an order is legal.

More bullshit. Leave the military do its thing. He is showing his base his disdain for law and order and that murder by military is acceptable behavior. And, yes, I served. No combat- I found targets and had it ingrained that my job was to be correct and not have or reduce the possibility of civilian casualties. Again, no war in my time. I knew (He helped train me) one of the guys who wouldn't change his assessment of targets (bombing hospitals in Vietnam). They held him from making E7 longer than normal because his reports were leaked by others above him as he was a by-the-book chain of command guy.

I don't think Trump can do this legally.

He is the Commander-In-Chief.

Trump thinks he knows more about this case than the judge and jury. This is outrageous.

Trump is a dictator and the Republicans are aiding and abetting his tyranny. @dare2dream

Trump was absolutely right! The prosecution of Gallagher, a real hero, was outrageous. Real soon our military won't be able to kill some terrorist scum without retribution.

zesty Level 7 Aug 1, 2019

Both World Wars made it clear to the world that there needs to be limits to the atrocities of war. The Geneva Conventions and other international treaties made rules and put limits to war. The trials of Nazis at Nuremberg implemented some of these rules.

One of those rules is the mistreatment of prisoners of war. Once they are captured, you cannot slit their throat like Gallagher did.

@dare2dream You are joking, right? The Geneva Convention applies to soldiers in uniform. Did ISIS handled captured soldiers or civilians according to international law? ISIS members are not soldiers. Last time the US army successfully handled Muslim terrorist was during the early 1900-s, in the Philippine war. Captured terrorists were covered in pig blood and sewn in dog skin till died. This worked perfectly! We just became way too soft lately.

@zesty We do not have to forfeit our humanity to win wars. When we stoop to the atrosities of the enemy we become no better than the enemy.

@zesty What you are doing is using ISIS terrorists and killers as your standard for your morality.

@dare2dream Absolutely wrong. This is the ideology of the victims. When you play chess and the opponent grabs a submachine gun to win you cannot continue playing chess. Oh, you can but it is not necessarily a winning strategy.

@zesty Why is it that every thing has to be a fight to the death?

@dare2dream You cannot negotiate with ISIS. You kill them or they kill you. Simple.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:382321
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.