Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Boxed in: the fragility of men

Unearthing the roots of misogyny and violence against women in this post-#MeToo era, a writer examines the damage caused by the loss of men’s feminine sides – and the role fathers can play.

Fascinating read, what are we doing to our sons?

HippieChick58 9 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I never had a son. If I had, I would have encouraged him to be open, caring, considerate and empathic.

For some, irreparable damage..πŸ‘Ώ

Somehow I managed to avoid the worst parts of this trap, though I still find it very difficult to cry. I think growing up in the 60s when everything was being questioned helped, and also having a very close friend that was not afraid to express things that men didn't normally express. And my father was a gentle man, unless he was very angry, which was rare. Also, there were a lot of strong women in my life, so the burden of "being in charge" was spread around and not laid exclusively at the feet of the men.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:383699
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.