Agnostic.com

45 18

What do you feed your brain?

Nom nom nom

What does your brain eat?

Mine likes documentaties on science, health, and the brain.

Books on philosophy and psychology.

Oh and it likes play time with puzzles and games.

You?

silvereyes 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Basically 'interesting stuff' I don't know - even if it's not really a subject I would say is 'my thing'.

I was wandering around a museum a while back (can't remember which one) and happened into their display of 17th and 18th century ladies clothing. Now 'fashion' is REALLY not my thing - but a DAMN GOOD display, each item accompanied by a detailed, well-written and informative information panel, did genuinely arouse interest, and I was glad I'd discovered that section of the museum.

yes pretty much the same here though I do get to places where my brain hurts - I have no maths in my head at all so percentages etc.pass me by1

All of the above ,Musical plays a few sports and just observing nature and the seasons is great food.

I love to learn about many things

A steady stream of caffeine, wordplay, science, endocrinology, nutrition, music, and whatever my ADD leads me to. Also, occasional doses of sci-fi and fantasy are more than necessary.

And information wise.. Non fiction, all the social sciences, Libertarian politics, debate and logic. Gossip, tabloid news, television, religion, movies & senseless entertainment is tantamount to junk food.

Nuts seeds multivitamin pills purple fruit and veg and generally a plant based vegan diet with 100% water no caffeine no drugs!

Mars bars. Sometimes Snickers bars. Always oxygen.

Work. Science. Psychology. And lots of time to play.

I love documentaries and philosophy. I also love games, trivia, and puzzles. Music too.

Non fiction. Current event articles. Studying yoga currently, so a lot of information on the practice, and the culture it evolved from. Goofy crap my friends write, Anything to lighten the space between my ears

Pizza. And board games.

Philosophy, psychology, anarchist literature, coding in brain fuck etc..

Reading, serious music, teaching music, appreciating art, learning and speaking other languages, travel, cryptic crosswords, good company ...

Athos Level 5 May 19, 2018

Reading books on history and philosophy in particular. Observing children (especially my own grandchildren) learning new things. Learning piano, guitar and music theory (It is a workout for the brain - more that I might have realized. It is like teaching your brain to be ambidextrous).

I'm running out of things to feed my mind. One of the reasons I joined this group thinking I might be challenged. Can't imagine there being a documentary I haven't watched. Never been a "reader" to impatient. Movies when done well. Smart crazy people, being a psychiatric nurse was stimulating. I had few patients "out of touch with reality " that convinced me their point of view was valid.

EVERYTHING!!
Neil De Grasse Tyson and Ken Ham. Hilltop Hoods and Glinka. Gilbert and George and Raphael (ok not Emin). Days of Our Lives and Hamilton.

Bananas!

Well when it was just a mere seedling I milked it. Just fed it milk for the first few years. Then I fed it all the bull dung , you know good fertilizer. As it grew , I fed it imagination, hippie era I guess and now I use , shit I forgot

EMC2 Level 8 Mar 18, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:38477
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.