Agnostic.com

31 4

Do you get bothered by people saying “have a blessed day”

Typically I’m a little annoyed in general when I hear this but I just brush it off. It’s usually a random cashier or something and I’m not about to start a debate in the grocery line. But now a new school year has started and my kids teacher ends all his notes with “have a blessed day”. Now I’m starting to get really annoyed because I will be seeing these notes several times over the next nine months and I just think that it being a public school he shouldn’t be doing it. I might just be over sensitive from my ex being a rude jerk with his religion too so I wondered is it just me or would that bother anyone else?

LisaL81 7 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

water off a duck's back here...

I just pretend not to hear them and walk away thinking WTF.

It doesn't bother me, because some people as force of habit and not religious bs implied in it. I see where you are coming from, but it really bothers you go have a chat with the teacher.

The only time it bugs me, is when they pronounce "blessed" with two syllables (e.g. "bless-uhd" ), when it's only suppose to have one! Then, they strike me as being real dingbats, instead of just delusional wingnuts!

Annoying. Be careful with this idiot! He may destroy your kid's future.

zesty Level 7 Aug 16, 2019

He’s been watching or reading too much Margaret Atwood! It’s probably best to ignore it, as I’m sure your children are being raised to question all meaningless remarks like this, and probably find it amusing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:389724
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.