Agnostic.com

2 0

Muhammad and his adopted son
In islamic tradition history, there is a story of muhammad happened after he immigrated from Mecca to Medina and settled between his followers, muhammad had an adopted son called (Zaid bin Haritha) this son had a beautiful wife (Zainab), one day muhammad saw her and he was impressed with her beauty and he wanted her for himself, but he couldn't because she was the wife of his adopted son, then suddenly Allah spoke through quran and told Zaid (the adopted son) to divorce Zainab so that muhammad can marry her. That even his wife Ayesha (the nine year old child when he married) said one time to Muhammad (what I see your God is hastens in fulfilling your desires)!
If all what Muhammad did in his life was right, can anyone force his adopted son to divorce his wife so that he can marry her?
The order in quran mentioned in chapter (sura alahzab) 33 phrase (aya) 37

[archive.org]

nash79alpha 2 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Muhammad's selfish desires going against most teachings, yet was he allowed to break the rule because he was the leader? Sounds like one rule for you and another for me because I can.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.