Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK The 8 Most Bizarre Patron Saints

This site is in the vein of godchecker.com

Not too serious yet rather informative.
Hindu have squadrons of gods for any possible and impossible situation.
The catholics did a few half ass jobs: making Jesus the son of their god … was he actually sainted? … Never heard of Saint Jesus or Saint Christ.
To help with some rather time consuming tasks, e.g. sorting through billions of prayers and sorting dead people, the catholics came up with the idea of saints. Actually before that there were angels, sort of divine samurai. But a samurai without having anyone to boss around is really a bid of a dud. So the catholics invented saints. They form the middle management slaving at the coal face of everyday catholisising. Their bones become merchandise. If you want to run your own catholic franchised prayer inlet … to be continued

PontifexMarximus 8 Aug 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I particularly like Saint Fabiola, patron saint of difficult marriages.

This piece of shit of the Patron Saint of Computers... He died in year 636. LOL

Alway liked the way Buddha became a Catholic Saint.

mzee Level 7 Aug 18, 2019

Let us never forget Saint Hubbins. The patron saint of quality footwear!

@Winkiedink54 In all fairness...it's actually a movie quote from one of the most absurd movies of all time: "This is Spinal Tap". If you know much at all about rock'n'roll excess of '75-'84, the movie is about as brilliant as it gets.

The RCC has been bizarre from inception.

Every year, we would receive by mail the new year's Saints'calendar. There was a saint for every day. My mother was catholic and received this valuable gift from her old church in Essen, although she moved away from the church. For a while, i got to celebrate both my birthday and my name sake's day= that was mymiddle name after my catholic grandma. I also learned all the stories around the saints. They were bizarre!For all i know, the stories may have sent me even faster down the road ofagnosticism and then atheismn.

Well … The chocolate industry has embraced the idea and declared Valentine's Day the day of excessive chocolate consumption. Even I know the date... but only because it is one day before my daughter's birthday.
I used to remember St Nicolas and St Barbara because these two also had contracts with HARIBO … I guess.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:390432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.