Agnostic.com

7 22

Wild turkeys with babies. A rare treat to see.

Today Karen and I hiked 4.2 miles up to ridges above Squilchuck State Park. This is our go-to place for a shady hike on hot days and snowshoeing in winter. Close to town with few people.

"Look! Wild turkeys!" The daddy made a big show of flapping over to a grassy meadow to distract us from mama with babies nearby.

"They probably started with 12 babies," Karen said. "Now they're down to six. Coyotes."

With cold nights, it feels like fall in the mountains.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lucky you!

CS60 Level 7 Aug 23, 2019

Mucho gusto!

@scout123456

"Mucho gusto" means "Pleased to meet you" in Spanish. Is that what you meant?

@LiterateHiker I thought it meant I like?

@scout123456

"Me gusta mucho" means "I like it" in Spanish.

@LiterateHiker That what I get for only HS Spanish. I knew the world was changing and so I put my daughter in Montessori Spanish Immersion Pre-school then an immersion kindergarden to 12 education. She is 28 now fluent and has no American accent. I have taken several conversational classes over the years but its been a long time! I need another refresher. Thank you for the clarification...

Thank you for sharing

Happy you got to see them,Around our area ,They reintroduced them back in the 80,s and are a fairly common site driving down country roads,,even a field with many it it,,always great to see

I didn't think that you had wild turkeys out there. Thanks for straightening me out.

Around here.... Seeing baby turkeys is a rare sight! The last time I saw it was in the middle of a back country road where they stopped traffic while we all watched them walk away.

They are cool pictures

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 23, 2019
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:392627
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.