Agnostic.com

3 0

I believe the writers of the bible[new & old] were useing mind altering drug's such as magic mushrooms peyote or
mescal.Possibly not understanding they were impaired physiology.So their hallucinations in their mind were their
heinous reality.Sorry about any spelling errors.This explains my username.Feedback wellcome!My name is Don HAVE A HAPPY ONE ;PEACE OUT

theyweretripping 5 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

communion

skado Level 9 Mar 18, 2018

Anything is possible, but I don't think there's any more evidence of that than there is that, say, Homer was on drugs.

There's a fairly old and popular theory that the mysterious John was off his face on magic mushrooms when he wrote Revelations, and that the Bodhi tree under which Buddha sat when he became enlightened stood in a field of cannabis he'd been munching on for several days.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 18, 2018

John of Patmos. Where he was from is important, because Patmos is a tiny Greek island with one small, rather salty spring as a water source. If nothing else, John would have always been borderline dehydrated.

@TaraMarshall That's one argument, but there are various others in support of various other Johns.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39422
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.