Agnostic.com

38 7

Would you agree to be shrunk down to five-inches tall in order to live a wealthy life?

The synopsis for the movie with Matt Damon, Downsizing, had a really interesting concept. I'm disappointed that it got mediocre reviews, so I haven't seen it. However the synopsis is this:

"A social satire in which a man realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself to five inches tall, allowing him to live in wealth and splendor."

In the movie, this was supposed to conserve the Earth's resources, by allowing people to be miniaturized.

Would you accept being a mini-you and living in a tiny people's community in exchange for wealth?

[imdb.com]

silvereyes 8 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd be willing to be shrunk to five inches shorter than I am now

I would definately give it some thought.

No, the concept sounds pretty stupid to me.

Only if I could command an army of tarantulas. Because 5" rich me would need protection.

Could only imagine what I could get away with. lol

I'm already short enough, being about 1/12th my size would not benefit me anymore than my height does now.

For those ladies hoping to find ways to help the planet, Date a short guy, we require fewer materials and are therefore already more earth friendly. 😉 and Lol

I wouldn't hit my head on things as much...

We would probably be dead in a couple of months. At that size, all the chemicals in an average home would probably kill us.

Still, it is a cute idea.

For years, on another online community, I would debate round and round with a guy because he believed he was shorter than the average male. He blamed all the ills in his life for being short. At times it was funny, but really it was a sad situation that he really believed he was less of a man because he was 5'3.

The movie was ok not great. And no I don’t think I would want that.

I'd only be interested in my pet jumping spider the size of a cat/small dog (might have to defang it though) 😉

I would be fine with it. Just give me a tiny little cubicle and a tiny little computer and a tiny little bed. And TINY LITTLE MONIES! $$$

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39458
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.