Agnostic.com

45 12

What was your favorite thing to do when you were a child?

I loved to sit on the porch and color with all of my crayons. I'd make stories about what I was drawing. Got in trouble a couple of times for drawing on the porch instead of the paper. I liked the way the crayons smeared on the texture of the concrete. My mother was less impressed. lol.

silvereyes 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Be in nature - climbing trees and trekking through woods and playing in snow and mud and lakes. Also loved reading, writing, colouring, drawing, other crafty/artsy type shit and handy stuff - lincoln logs, legos, bionicles and carpentry, spreading mulch and learning about that kind of stuff.

Has to be reading. Only child. Navy brat. I would spend my allowance on books or magazines.

Getting up early Saturday morning to watch my favorite cartoons.

Ride my bicycle as far and as fast as I could

Model rockets, building and modifying them, launching them. I loved learning about the science that went into it.

Killing bugs with a magnifying glass.

I really enjoyed astronomy. It blew my mind that our entire species exists entirely on a single blue rock floating dangerously along in the unbelievably enormous expanse of space and that the light we see is often thousand, hundreds of thousands, and even millions of years from its origin.

I would walk, I would go suburbs, miles away. If my family was in the mountains or on the coast for a few weeks, I would be gone all day. I am a loner, always have been.

I played in the woods. Day or night you could find me playing in the trees. Looking for critters or building forts.

i used to sit in the rowan shrubs around the corner of our home, watching the critters (& people passing by), collecting beetles, snails & feathers & dreaming of the freedom of running away.

Run from my parents..REDRUM!

Trick or Treating on Halloween. Free candy!

Build model cars and planes

Avoiding my stepmother.

I drew on rolls of paper from the newspaper where my Dad worked. I could make a picture any lenght I wanted. Some got rather long. I also made cities in the stone driveway, scraping out roads and building houses for my army men and hot wheels. And baseball, football, tennis, and the deadly art of Jarts!

jeffy Level 7 Mar 19, 2018

Play in dirt and make camps and play games.

Play kill the Nazis with the neighbor boys. Raised in an isolated rural setting, I was heavily imprinted by boys. Left me a square peg in a round world when I was forced into to the city at 7 years of age. When it rained I would be inside making mythical monsters out of Tinker Toys. So girlygirl. =0}

Play, play, play.

One of my favorite passtimes was wandering in the forest and playing in the creek by the beaver dam north of our tillable fields.

However, my top passtime then and now is studying to learn new things and in many cases learning how to apply what I have learned. Been that way all my life.

Sneaking out of the military housing area to play video games at a local arcade. A few times I got caught sneaking back in.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 19, 2018

Play in the woods behind the house

Make frog grenades and throw them at girls...what a mess

An uncle gave me a metal detector when I was about eight. Since I lived very near to two Iron Age forts and a derelict 18th Century mansion, going out with that and digging stuff up was my favourite activity!

Jnei Level 8 Mar 19, 2018

I grew up with a river across the street and a huge park half a block from our house that butted up to the river.
The park had some Weeping Willow trees that we would climb then grab a bundle of the hanging vine-like branches and swing to the ground like Tarzan. lol

The river bank (levee) was built up to about the height of a single story house and there was a path worrn into it from bicycles and motorcycles.
This path meandered from one side of town to the other. Always something to do or see along the river. Fishing, spotting or catching turtles, toads, frogs, etc. Occasionally seeing muskrats or beavers.

There were also a lot of kids living on our street that were around the same age so finding someone to do something with wasn't hard at all.
Most of the time just walking outside I would find one of my friends.

I used to love to dig in the dirt. I would build cities, roads, and if there was water nearby, dams so that I could dam the water and then destroy the city I built below me. Anytime there was water I dug pits for rivers... Let’s jut say it was difficult for my mom to keep the house clean.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:39680
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.